Delia's tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delia's tamales

My wife is watching on social dismedia about these tamales. Gov Abbot is throwing around he gets his tamales from there as well.

School me on these. They that good or hype? South Texas folks chime in.

The real deal...been eating them since I was kid & she had her one little hole in the wall in south McAllen. A true success story. They are all now produced at the head quarters in San Juan I think & distributed to the restaurants with most of them located in the mid to upper valley. I am told they all ship frozen & then warmed on site. How she has been able to maintain the same quality from a tiny home made beginning to mass production is impressive.

I don't know how many dozen I deliver up to Alice for my co-workers during the holidays.

You can get them shipped up your way frozen...warm them up in a steamer. Some say a pressure cooker works very well.

Comment

They are good, every time I head to the valley I load up my ice chest to bring home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

meh....i prefer ho-made....

Comment

anybody have Delia's Tamales contact info

Comment

Not bad but definitely not better than my mommas

Comment

I was born in McAllen and I can vouch for them, tan sabrosos! But my wife ruined me with that kind. Now all we eat is tamales de Oaxaca

Comment

Every trip to the valley includes a visit to Delia's. Don't even try to go during the holidays though. Armed guards will keep anyone from entering the store that doesn't have a receipt showing you've prepaid for your tamales. They are the best I've had. Their cream cheese and jalapeño tamales are the best in my humble opinion. All of them are good though. It's about time we take another trip down to the valley to visit friends, and Delia's.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. L. View Post
                  anybody have Delia's Tamales contact info
                  If you want tamales, look no further than Delia’s. Delia’s specializes in tamales and is a south Texas staple. Order tamales and have them shipped to your door.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                    meh....i prefer ho-made....
                    Nothing like the ones made by ho's

Comment

Delias

thanks happy new year
                      Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        The real deal...been eating them since I was kid & she had her one little hole in the wall in south McAllen. A true success story. They are all now produced at the head quarters in San Juan I think & distributed to the restaurants with most of them located in the mid to upper valley. I am told they all ship frozen & then warmed on site. How she has been able to maintain the same quality from a tiny home made beginning to mass production is impressive.

I don't know how many dozen I deliver up to Alice for my co-workers during the holidays.

You can get them shipped up your way frozen...warm them up in a steamer. Some say a pressure cooker works very well.
                        You need to point me in the right direction next dove season. Love me some tamales

Comment

They are at the top of my list. The green Chile chicken are amazing. Delia’s is always a must stop when I go to Valley for work.

Comment

Does the pork drip that beautiful orange grease that taste so good?

Comment

What gives the tamales the flavor is the cheeks from the hog head. I’ve tried so many tamales that are out there and I still can’t say that any of them beats my moms tamales.

Comment

Working...
                              X