Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shnf 15-16

Here it is. This season's thread.

Do not post up hunting locations. No street names, no areas.
    If you're new, please take the time to read the past threads. Most of the questions you may have, have been answered.
    Don't just get on here and ask for help, you'll probably get shunned.
    Be polite, be helpful, and give everyone some time to answer. Not all of us get on here everyday.
    Have some thick skin as we like to poke fun and have a good time. I haven't met a bad person here yet. However we are all different.
    Post pics at you're own risk. If you leave your geotag on from your cell phone, someone will figure out where you are hunting. Don't get mad, you led them to it. If you post a pic of a deer with corn on the ground, you'll probably be called out and will probably get a visit from the game warden. Don't be mad, you posted it. If you post a pic of an animal without a tag, you'll probably get called out on it.

Most of all, lets all have a good safe season.

Know that most, if not all of us will try and help, but NONE of us will take you by the hand and to our hard earned spots and put you in them.

So, whose ready to start scouting?

So I'll start.
    I've got several places I want to scout. But, I've got 2 in particular that I really want to focus on. I'm always so close to big deer, but most of the areas I hunt at fairly open. Which means the deer can choose any trail. Because of this I tend to move a lot. However my moving is usually the reason for my success. I've said it for several seasons. If you're not seeing deer, move. If you're seeing deer use a trail a ways away....move. The deer tend to be nomadic, so if they are using a trail today, you need to be hunting it tonight.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Nicely written. Definitely need somebthick skin.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        So I'll start.
        I've got several places I want to scout. But, I've got 2 in particular that I really want to focus on. I'm always so close to big deer, but most of the areas I hunt at fairly open. Which means the deer can choose any trail. Because of this I tend to move a lot. However my moving is usually the reason for my success. I've said it for several seasons. If you're not seeing deer, move. If you're seeing deer use a trail a ways away....move. The deer tend to be nomadic, so if they are using a trail today, you need to be hunting it tonight.

Just my opinion.
        Alright!!! Now the countdown to the season has officially begun.
        I hope that area I talked to you about is one of the two places you mentioned. If not, make it 3. Let's go soon though. My back is well and I should have no problems climbing a tree this season.

Comment

Actually John, it wasn't, I'd already forgotten about that. I remember us talking, but not the locale. We'll make a trip there and scout it.

I'm still looking for a bike, I guess I need to just bite the bullet and buy one.

Comment

I'm hoping for a couple things this year. 1 being that i actually get time to hunt between school and the kiddos, and 2 that last years spots hold up. Scouting may be difficult this year but it'll happen a little. May have to just save up and go on an axis meat run.

Comment

Hi I'm new to the form and would like some help. Can anyone please take me to your spot so I have a place to hunt and I shoot big deer. Most of the year I will be camping in the primitive camping ground. If you want to sit by the campfire and have a cold beer come on by. If you want a romantic evening go to the other side of the campground and knock on bowonlys tent.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                Hi I'm new to the form and would like some help. Can anyone please take me to your spot so I have a place to hunt and I shoot big deer. Most of the year I will be camping in the primitive camping ground. If you want to sit by the campfire and have a cold beer come on by. If you want a romantic evening go to the other side of the campground and knock on bowonlys tent.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                  You only know that because you had such a romantic night with him. ( but he didn't tell me about it) ( you just did!)

Nah, he said he stroked your hair softly as he whispered sweet archery talk into you ear while y'all spooned. ( he did say y'all were cold)

Comment

Other than obvious signs like trails, transitions, cuts barriers, food source droppings etc... what are some things that catch your eyes? Got a late start last year took the wife out found tracks that looked fresh so had her set up. She said it was a decent sized buck but she couldn't get him to come into range. What could I have seen that I could have gotten her closer to him?

Comment

Originally posted by clintmurphy1988 View Post
                      Other than obvious signs like trails, transitions, cuts barriers, food source droppings etc... what are some things that catch your eyes? Got a late start last year took the wife out found tracks that looked fresh so had her set up. She said it was a decent sized buck but she couldn't get him to come into range. What could I have seen that I could have gotten her closer to him?

Nothing really. It's hit or mis with tree placement. A good tree today could be a bad tree the rest of the year. It's not easy out there. The fact you have seen one already is a bonus. Most don't see squat for at least two years out there.

Comment

You only know that because you had such a romantic night with him. ( but he didn't tell me about it) ( you just did!)

Nah, he said he stroked your hair softly as he whispered sweet archery talk into you ear while y'all spooned. ( he did say y'all were cold)

You know I have no hair. -.- and mama don't share me with anyone. It was Kabanah that he spoke of. Or AJ, he said he stayed at his house late due to their love connection.

Comment

Well we were on a friends land the beginning of last season, we had some luck but the well ran dry with that. So we boogied out to the Sam, didn't really scout just hiked until we couldn't feel our feet anymore found some signs and set up. So maybe if we just scout hard we'll have better luck in the Sam this year.

Comment

Originally posted by clintmurphy1988 View Post
                            Well we were on a friends land the beginning of last season, we had some luck but the well ran dry with that. So we boogied out to the Sam, didn't really scout just hiked until we couldn't feel our feet anymore found some signs and set up. So maybe if we just scout hard we'll have better luck in the Sam this year.

That's the only way to do it.

Comment

"This never leaves the cave."
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X