No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney / Lake Aquilla 08/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got drawn for gator huntin! How awesome is that? Let's get this season started, tired of the heat. Any of you got any pointers on gator huntin, besides keep all my limbs inside the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by huntxtrm View Post
      I got drawn for gator huntin! How awesome is that? Let's get this season started, tired of the heat. Any of you got any pointers on gator huntin, besides keep all my limbs inside the boat?
      Inches bewteen the eyes is feet in lenght. Shoot a bigun..not a small one. Get a bug suit

Comment

Yeah take us with you!

Comment

Switchback, will you hold the rotton chicken please

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Switchback, will you hold the rotton chicken please
            But of course....will even take the tail meat off your hands cause it's worthless

Comment

I would leave the dock at 6am in the dark and navigate with a spotlight to my fishing spots on the St Johns. BIG RED EYES everywhere...

I've had 14-15 fters chasing my Zara SPooks...eating my 9" shiners..being a real PITA.

For 850 bucks you can tag 2 in Florida.

Got a call from Orlando...things may be in the werks..

All gator hunting is is spotlighting..shooting a fishing arrow into them with a float...follow the float and harpoon with a bigger rope..drag to the boat and bang stick in the head....

Not much more than Gar fishing..

Not much sport really. At night you can drive an airboat w/i 20 yards with 200 Mil candel power lights blaring

Good meat though and the hides bring a pretty penny.

NO DANGER at all

Comment

Catfishing for Big Channels/Blues Sat Night

I am planning on catfishing Aquilla. I've got some real good spots for some heavy fish. I got 3 rods already rigged with heavy stuff...

As payback for this week, I'm inviting up to 3 people to join me and the boy. We'll tie up and fish vertcal so I can take more people on the boat with little to no casting...

I'll be throw netting for shad and have some CF bait as well..

Gas is on me..BYOB Got Black lights so you can watch your line if you got Stren Mono...

You can have what I catch otherwise we'll release.

RSVP by THursday.....

I'll be launching about 7pm..fishin till midnight or later if they are bitin.

Comment

Originally posted by grizz View Post
                  I am planning on catfishing Aquilla. I've got some real good spots for some heavy fish. I got 3 rods already rigged with heavy stuff...

As payback for this week, I'm inviting up to 3 people to join me and the boy. We'll tie up and fish vertcal so I can take more people on the boat with little to no casting...

I'll be throw netting for shad and have some CF bait as well..

Gas is on me..BYOB Got Black lights so you can watch your line if you got Stren Mono...

You can have what I catch otherwise we'll release.

RSVP by THursday.....

I'll be launching about 7pm..fishin till midnight or later if they are bitin.

Well Grizz how did you do?

Comment

LW, I think he might be talking about thsi weekend come-n.

Grizz, I'd love to be there. But I'll be shoot-n some footage of oinkers Sat night. Otherwise I'd be at the ramp waitn-n on ya already

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                      Well Grizz how did you do?
                      Headin out THIS Saturday on Aquilla. Did real good this past Friday.

Comment

I shore would like to know some of those cat spots your talkin about! I have never fished aquilla, Maybe I'll take my boat and hook up with you, If that aint to imposing. Besides I'd like to meet some of you fellas, always givin me good advice. I'd like to know were it's comin from. What the deal with the dead chicken?

Comment

The dead chicken is gator bait. Man I've got to go after gator some time cause I like it fried like fish.

Grizz if it happens let me know what the deal is.

I'm thinking I'n going back fri. so I probably won't make it fri. night but wish ya'll luck.. I have so much to take care of tomorrow and Thursday that I really can't commit to anything yet. The fish fry was great.
                          Last edited by switchback; 08-12-2008, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Good luck this year to everyone cant wait to meet everybody. switchback i looked up that stand we were talking about looks good an sturdy i will probably have one shiped my direction .

Comment

I shore would like to know some of those cat spots your talkin about! I have never fished aquilla, Maybe I'll take my boat and hook up with you, If that aint to imposing. Besides I'd like to meet some of you fellas, always givin me good advice. I'd like to know were it's comin from. What the deal with the dead chicken?

Look for a 20Ft Stratos w/ a 200 main w/ a 9.9 kicker. Your welcome to follow.

It looks real possible that this is my last fall here so I don't mind sharing some spots. Hunting spots will be shared after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                                I'm thinking I'n going back fri. so I probably won't make it fri. night but wish ya'll luck.. __________________
                                We're heading out Saturday night. I have to werk Friday. Join if you can. I will confirm Friday fer sure. Already got the livers...need to net shad on the way out

Comment

Working...
                                X