No announcement yet.

2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Wylde - good little porker! Thanks for sharing the pix of the creek too. Dito on the canoe or something like that - the creek is so low...See any wood ducks while you were out?

Comment

No wood ducks some mallards though. And some other black and white ducks.

Comment

Picked up General Hunting permits for me and the kids, Youth deer hunt, and registered us for the deer lottery. There were 22 general permits left. All the waterfowl permits are gone.

I talked to the lady there about the animal rights people. They had 100 out of 250 deer permits last year that weren't picked up. I'm glad they are redrawing this year even though that's no guarantee either.
        Last edited by grizzman; 07-15-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Anyone heading out tomorrow after the rain?

Comment

Went today with a friend saw 3 cottonmouths 1 copperhead. Nasty feeling with no snake boots

Comment

Comment

At least he was easy to see. I've looked down and had one balled up right by my foot. Talk about a jump to right....

I'm not going to waste anytime scouting until I know I get a golden ticket. No need to pressure the deer unless you're going after piggies. Be safe.

Comment

So where is the best place to park when going out to scout the deer and pigs?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never miss View Post

Thanks

That's a tuff one there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                      That's a tuff one there.

Comment

Waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Never miss View Post

Thanks
                          good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            At least he was easy to see. I've looked down and had one balled up right by my foot. Talk about a jump to right....

I'm not going to waste anytime scouting until I know I get a golden ticket. No need to pressure the deer unless you're going after piggies. Be safe.
                            Got any good spots? ;-)

Comment

Got question I got a general permit an was wondering around February could I take me 11yo nephew hunting squirrels or he needed permit too ?

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                                Got any good spots? ;-)
                                What are you talking about, I'm going to hunt your spot during the week. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X