No announcement yet.

TPWD Draw Hunts - New this Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great. Will make things a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
      interesting. so the standby positions at a given hunt area will be the permits not paid for from the second drawing?
      No - There will be a second drawing when a selected hunter or hunt party does not pay or they cancel their hunt, those who were selected in a second drawing will be notified if they want to attend that hunt. Reason why this is being done, we have had so many selected hunters who would not pay for their hunt.

Comment

Great news. I am excited about the new online process. The paper version was too tedious for me.

I like the second chance drawing as well because there were several hunts I would have liked to try to get on as a stand by hunter, but either time or distance precluded me from taking that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
          No - There will be a second drawing when a selected hunter or hunt party does not pay or they cancel their hunt, those who were selected in a second drawing will be notified if they want to attend that hunt. Reason why this is being done, we have had so many selected hunters who would not pay for their hunt.
          I guess im dense but im still not understanding. so theres not gonna be standbys at the hunt area the day of the hunt? are the drawing dates gonna be pushed up to make time for the second drawing?

Comment

I think this is great news. I had the TPWD number on speed dial checking if I got in or not...now I can just sit at work and keep hitting the refresh button

I also like the idea of the second draw. I would love to be able to go and sit and wait for a stand by spot, but some of those hunts are on the week day and I can not take a vacation day off and sit in the parking lot in hopes of a spot.

Comment

Great improvements all the way around. The only thing I'd like to see added would be buying a preference point, I guess. I've had a couple of times in the past where I knew I wouldn't get to go on a hunt, but I entered anyway just hoping for a preference point. And then I drew and had to burn the hunt. That sucked.

Comment

Very good. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I like the online application process too. No more forms to fill out and stamps to buy.

Also, the second chance drawing is a great idea versus standby.

I had one question about preference points. Are permits issued to the hunters with the most preference points first and so on down(like other states do) or is base on chance?

Comment

In previous years, the booklet was delivered in the mail so I knew when to start filling out the apps. With everything online now, how will we be notified when the 2014-2015 booklet is ready?

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                      Great news. I am excited about the new online process. The paper version was too tedious for me.

I like the second chance drawing as well because there were several hunts I would have liked to try to get on as a stand by hunter, but either time or distance precluded me from taking that chance.

This is good news for sure

Originally posted by Take em View Post
                      And here goes my chance of ever winning a hunt again. The best part is knowing that you can only choose one hunt in each category and so can everyone else. This i believe keeps the odds better, but less $ i guess. Now I have to spend more, applying to more just to get a spot with the same odds.
                      I agree you had one chance for each category. I thought that was part of the fun in trying to figure it out and select or out guess the next person on which hunt to pick... I guess more $ in the big reason here.

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                      Your odds will increase due to the fact you will be able to apply to more than one Hunt Area/Hunt Category, you will not be limited to only 1 Hunt Area/Hunt Category as before. We took what the public draw hunters were saying in that they wanted to apply for more than 1 Hunt Area/Hunt Category increasing their odds of being drawn for a hunt for an area if they are able to apply for one than just one hunt area/category.
                      Totally Disagree!! Now all the little rich knuckleheaded boys that already overpay for all their leases now get their way again by whining. Now the more money you have/spend the better odds you have... Now everyone will have an entry for ever hunt they can afford instead of just have one choice per category and so more people applying for each hunt means Decreased Odds...As I stated above that is one the best things I have enjoyed about these Draw Hunts is it took money out of the equation.... Next thing you know these hunts will go as Auction Hunts instead of Draw Hunts.

Comment

Great news that it's online and there's a second chance drawing.Can't wait to see the finalized details.

DJ

Comment

Last edited by Deers & Beers; 03-19-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Chris!!!! Congrats on your impending retirement. I just left you a message at the office...It's sounds like you're not there today but when you get a chance give me a call back. I think you've got my number but I left it in the message anyway.

Take care, bud, and I'll talk to you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                              Totally Disagree!! Now all the little rich knuckleheaded boys that already overpay for all their leases now get their way again by whining. Now the more money you have/spend the better odds you have... Now everyone will have an entry for ever hunt they can afford instead of just have one choice per category and so more people applying for each hunt means Decreased Odds...As I stated above that is one the best things I have enjoyed about these Draw Hunts is it took money out of the equation.... Next thing you know these hunts will go as Auction Hunts instead of Draw Hunts.
                              Entries just cost $3. If a guy can't afford a couple more $3 entries, then he probably can't afford to drive to the hunt either. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Entries just cost $3. If a guy can't afford a couple more $3 entries, then he probably can't afford to drive to the hunt either. Right?

Not entirely true...some are $10.

I like the idea for extra chances in a category. I have to pick dates and categories based on my HS Football season. So anything before the 2nd or 3rd week of November I have to pass on. The idea of extra chances in December and January I am all in for. It will also allow me to put in for more of the ones around San Antonio where I live and don't have to worry about where to stay, like Honey Creek and Guadalupe River Basin among others.

Comment

Working...
                                X