No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They still have general permits? Im kinda shocked...

Comment

I ended up with #561 and my son got #51 and we are still waiting on the lottery picks.

Comment

They did as of yesterday morning. My brother went in a day after me to get his. I think next year I will make sure to be over there on day 1. We got lucky waiting this long.

Comment

Just left the office. General permit # 776 and deer draw # 525. She said there will be a total of 250 people for the deer hunt.

Comment

Yup picked up my general permit and put in for the draw early last month. It is definitely thick out there right now. Went out about a month ago and jumped a group of about 10 deer. Also, watch out for snakes...had a small copperhead take a strike at me while walking around off of 377. Can't wait for this drawing to be done!

Comment

Can you dove hunt out there with just the general permit?

The website says that the general permit covers everything except deer and waterfowl
              http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...ng/Hunting.asp

But when you check TPWD, they require a migratory bird stamp for mourning dove
              http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild..._listing/#dove

I am assuming that the migratory permit from COE is only for waterfowl and that the general permit will cover you for dove hunting; but to be legal you have to have the TPWD stamp too (at least for mourning dove).

Am I correct with this interpretation?

Comment

Yes,you are correct
                Last edited by Hard Knocks; 07-24-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I saw a beaver, a skunk, a doe, and her two fawns last night out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
                    Yes,you are correct
                    Thanks. Now, is dove hunting really an option out there? Which is to say, are dove going to be present in a quantity high enough to support the hunters who show up, and/or will there be way too many hunters out there for any sort of enjoyment?

I am wanting to go in my first dove hunt and my plans for a Houston trip with a buddy are falling through. I really don't have the cash for a day lease with a kid on the way, so I was hoping I could get lucky out at the vine.

Comment

There are no real dove numbers out there for the effort required. I've tried a few times, and it's just not worth it.

Comment

Cant wait till the draw

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                          Cant wait till the draw
                          X2. I won't be putting much time in out there until I find out whether I'll be pig hunting it or deer and pig hunting it.

Comment

I do my scouting while pig hunting

Comment

Last day to get those apps in!! C'mon I need to know if I drew or not! Can't take this wait any longer.

Comment

All of you stay out of my woods !!!!!! I just purchased Grapevine !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X