Need pillar bedding/freel float new Boyds stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need pillar bedding/freel float new Boyds stock

I'm in South Houston and am wondering if any of my TBH brothers would be willing to walk me through the process of pillar bedding and free floating my new Boyd's Prairie Hunter stock? I would be willing to pay for your troubles with money, adult beverages or both. If there is a gunsmith in the area, I'm open to that as well. Just want it done right.

Thanks,

Jayson

Not trying to hijack your thread, but how does yours fit? I got two stocks from them for my Model 70 and it’s all jacked up. I’d have to modify the stock and my rifle for it to work correctly. So far their customer service department hasn’t been very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
      Not trying to hijack your thread, but how does yours fit? I got two stocks from them for my Model 70 and it’s all jacked up. I’d have to modify the stock and my rifle for it to work correctly. So far their customer service department hasn’t been very helpful.

I was going to order a Boyd’s stock, but had a gunsmith tell me to stay away from them and check out Stocky’s Stocks instead. I ordered one from them and can’t wait to put it together.

Comment

I ordered one before and sent it back. Didn't fit my Remington 721 without some modification which I was not in the mood to do as I was leaving for an aoudad hunt. This one fits like a glove without alteration and I could (and may) just open up the barrel channel to free float it. I just thought I would give pillar bedding a try.

Comment

Start here:

Part 1

Part 2

Comment

Just got a quote for 400 so I might give the videos a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              Just got a quote for 400 so I might give the videos a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              I've done several guns using that method and it works great. I used JB Weld and shoe wax.

Comment

I have never done bedding before and I just finished skin bedding a Remington 700 PSS just watching videos and reading up on how to do it take your time but don't waste money on release agent I use neutral shoe polish it's cheap and it works **** good make sure you get everything good and clean and make sure you feel all voids with modelers clay take your time and you can do it mine came out perfect saved a lot of dollars doing it myself

Comment

The rifle I started with was a Remington varmint 700 heavy barrel installed a timney trigger in an HS stock that is the stock I skim bedded before I bedded the rifle I had one inch groups at a hundred yards after I betted the rifle I shot 3/8 in groups
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry this is the ammo that I used.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I read a lot of articles online and watched a bunch of videos and took a little bit of everybody's and put it together to do my rifle and it came out great don't be scared to do it just take your time a Dremel tool will help just be very careful when you're relieving some spots on your stock with the Dremel tool if you need to it can get away from you so be very gentle with it.

Comment

I used Devcon but I know a lot of people have used J-B Weld and the gorilla epoxy and have had good luck with it.

Comment

I'm in Houston and wouldn't mind walking you through it. But I'll be out of town until early Nov.

Comment

Working...
                          X