Very sad day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Once a man I knew was accused, scared into plea bargaining, and became a convicted pedophile. Many years later the girl recanted her story as a young adult. Said she was told to lie by her mother and step dad.
    Today that man still lives with that conviction as far as I know. He moved away from Texas and I've not seen or heard of him since.
    What if a vengeful parent or sibling had killed him and then later had to live with knowing he was innocent?
    I don't know. It is a visceral response to that type of heinous action to feel like exacting retribution.
    I believe in capital punishment. But when we are wrong it's as bad as the original crime itself.

Gary

I remember a girl accused a boy of sexually abusing her. The dad stabbed the boy. He survived the stabbing. The girl had made it up

That's a quick run down of the events, but it has happened.

Comment

Ok
      Is rack ranch acquitted ?

Comment

^^^ the original thread got deleted. We don't know. He's posted a lot here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Ok
          Is rack ranch acquitted ?
          Interesting how we all shouted “Kavanaugh should be innocent until proven guilty,” and yet we don’t offer the same amongst our own.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Interesting how we all shouted “Kavanaugh should be innocent until proven guilty,” and yet we don’t offer the same amongst our own.
            I’m willing to listen. Can’t convict from post on a forum. At this point that’s all most of us have to go by though Several members children participate here on tbh also. This is a serious accusation that most would be more comfortable with some sort of explanation or anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Maybe. On the other hand something 30 years ago between two people of the same age is quite different than something current between an adult and a child. I'm a parent...I know which way I lean.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                Maybe. On the other hand something 30 years ago between two people of the same age is quite different than something current between an adult and a child. I'm a parent...I know which way I lean.
                Agreed on the difference, I was pointing out the premise. My gut says this one was a false accusation

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  Deal with someone living with that and say that. Rape is rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                    Deal with someone living with that and say that. Rape is rape.
                    I agree with you. I was responding to the Kavanaugh comment

Comment

Awesome deer, Congrats on a stud!!

Comment

Working...
                      X