Sunspot observatory closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
    My take: there are a ton of different telescopes trained on the sun at all times, worldwide, its pretty unlikely you could conceal a big happening from the sun (it's hard to hide).

The reports said there was an FBI team out there working on antennas, and the crew and team was removed and its pretty much a ghost town now. That eliminates a haz-mat situation as there'd be a clean up crew and they'd also have the area locked down a lot more closely.

I think the most likely scenario is that there was some foreign espionage taking place peeping on White Sands missile testing range. Perhaps they were using some of the antennae infrastructure to capture intel, which would explain why there were technicians working on them when the FBI arrived. They boxed up all the harddrives, removed the spy tech and took it all off site for analysis. That would explain the sudden raid and then lack of presence afterward.

Only unexplained piece of the puzzle to me is why none of the employees have been reached for an interview? Perhaps theyre being interviewed by the FBI first?

You're probably right. The Chinese are well known for thievery. Probably wanted some of the secrets right down the Mountain at the missle range.

Redditt has a informative thread about this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      You're probably right. The Chinese are well known for thievery. Probably wanted some of the secrets right down the Mountain at the missle range.

Redditt has a informative thread about this topic.
      With Hillary gone they had to go back to stealing. Life was good when they could just buy whatever secrets they wanted,

Comment

This was the only conspiracy that actually made my skin crawl. Glad we made it thru that 36 hour window.

Comment

Sunspot observatory closure

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          With Hillary gone they had to go back to stealing. Life was good when they could just buy whatever secrets they wanted,

I was thinking how much superpower ground the Chicom’s gained when the Clinton’s and Bill Richardson were running the show. They pretty much had open access to the National Labs here in NM under those three clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man doesn't have the technology or capacity to detect signals 3 billion light years away, and nothing anyone can say will ever convince me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Man doesn't have the technology or capacity to detect signals 3 billion light years away, and nothing anyone can say will ever convince me otherwise.

Hobestly my take on that is similar in sentiment. Most likely it's just energy from something else that's degraded from passing through space in general... solar wind, stars, etc...then happens to finally reach our setups at a degraded energy rate that gets picked up as radio waves versus the amount of energy (thus frequency) that it might have had once.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                My take: there are a ton of different telescopes trained on the sun at all times, worldwide, its pretty unlikely you could conceal a big happening from the sun (it's hard to hide).

The reports said there was an FBI team out there working on antennas, and the crew and team was removed and its pretty much a ghost town now. That eliminates a haz-mat situation as there'd be a clean up crew and they'd also have the area locked down a lot more closely.

I think the most likely scenario is that there was some foreign espionage taking place peeping on White Sands missile testing range. Perhaps they were using some of the antennae infrastructure to capture intel, which would explain why there were technicians working on them when the FBI arrived. They boxed up all the harddrives, removed the spy tech and took it all off site for analysis. That would explain the sudden raid and then lack of presence afterward.

Only unexplained piece of the puzzle to me is why none of the employees have been reached for an interview? Perhaps theyre being interviewed by the FBI first?

This. Or Russians.

Comment

I'm curious; do you believe the fields of astronomy / astrophysics are populated by a bunch of liars, or do you think they're just deluding themselves?

Comment

Much closer to the latter.

3 billion light years??? Seriously guys...and I can't get a signal in my deer blind? Not buying it.

Comment

Much closer to the latter.

3 billion light years??? Seriously guys...and I can't get a signal in my deer blind? Not buying it.

Phones are quiet possible some of the weakest signal receivers you could find, so that's not really a great example when you're comparing it to something like the very large array:

which has over 5280 sqft of dish and can spread out over 22 miles.

And that's just for picking up radio signals. We've got gamma, x-ray, ultraviolet, and microwave detectors, some of which are even larger detectors than the very large array.

Have you ever read up on the tech they use for detection and the science behind it? It's relatively straight forward. And this is just basic detection, we're not even talking about theoretical physics.

Comment

Somebody finally worked out the string theory I see.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Phones are quiet possible some of the weakest signal receivers you could find, so that's not really a great example when you're comparing it to something like the very large array:

which has over 5280 sqft of dish and can spread out over 22 miles.

And that's just for picking up radio signals. We've got gamma, x-ray, ultraviolet, and microwave detectors, some of which are even larger detectors than the very large array.

Have you ever read up on the tech they use for detection and the science behind it? It's relatively straight forward. And this is just basic detection, we're not even talking about theoretical physics.

No I havnt, and I doubt I'd understand any of it.

I'm still not buying that they can ID anything from 3 billion light years away.

Comment

No I havnt, and I doubt I'd understand any of it.

I'm still not buying that they can ID anything from 3 billion light years away.

We can split the atom, detect neutrinos, splice a spider's gene into a goat and make it produce silk, own a handheld device, that operates at almost the speed of light, etc.. but we can't detect something 3 billion light yrs away?
                            You sound like my dad . Not hating, just lack of information on your end of things imo.
                            Just watched the Netflix documentary, on Voyager last night. They did all that in the 70's, with computers, less powerful, than the key fob in your pocket.

Comment

Where does the 3 billion light years come from?

On a clear night I can see Mars with my naked eye. OK well after googling it, Mars is just 2 light minutes away.

Comment

3 out of 4 star troll. Almost got me to bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X