Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a classic truck thread going? If not, post them up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
    It was pretty beat up inside and out but the engine and tranny were good. I had a guy paint the exterior of the vehicle. When we got it back from paint we gutted the interior, installed sound deadening over all the floor, inside doors and side walls. Put in mass backed carpet. Had to build seat risers to put in the seats from a 2017 Honda Odessa. Installed new dash, door panels, window motors, door lock regulators, window rubbers. Changes out the sealed beam headlights for hella lights. I’m sure there is more, but those are the major changes.

The nice thing about those trucks is the parts availability. You can get almost anything from LMC or rock auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice, thanks for sharing! What do u think of the sound deadening stuff? Make a big difference on the highway?

Those Honda seats actually look very nice with the color. I figured y'all replaced the dash bc most that haven't been are all cracked up and faded like mine. I would love to paint mine but not ready to drop the money on it.

I'm about ready to replace power window switches and motors in mine, just tired of messing with em.

You guys did a great job on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
      Very nice, thanks for sharing! What do u think of the sound deadening stuff? Make a big difference on the highway?

Those Honda seats actually look very nice with the color. I figured y'all replaced the dash bc most that haven't been are all cracked up and faded like mine. I would love to paint mine but not ready to drop the money on it.

I'm about ready to replace power window switches and motors in mine, just tired of messing with em.

You guys did a great job on it.

The sound deadening made a big difference with the doors. I would put it in again.

If you replace the window motors and switches go ahead and do the power window relay upgrade. That made a bigger difference than new motors and switches.

Comment

[ATTACH]906856[/ATTACH]

Work in progress

Comment

The sound deadening made a big difference with the doors. I would put it in again.

If you replace the window motors and switches go ahead and do the power window relay upgrade. That made a bigger difference than new motors and switches.

Cool, thanks for the info

Comment

our project

My sons and I just got started on this 1947 International KB5 after sitting in our barn for over 30 years. Planning to swap the cab/front end onto a 2000ish chevy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1947KB5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24538886

Comment

Right now it's my tinkering project, but the dang thing is in such good original condition that it MIGHT become my daily:

1993 Dodge Cummins. 86,000 original miles.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                [ATTACH]906856[/ATTACH]

Work in progress
                Wow what a clean older truck. Is that a 5 window '53 Chevy? Did someone already do the body and paint work?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Wow what a clean older truck. Is that a 5 window '53 Chevy? Did someone already do the body and paint work?
                  It’s a ‘54. It had been restored in the earlier 90’s and is still in great shape. I’m just updated it and making it more my style.

Comment

The day I brought my ol **** box home. I’ve since 5 lug disc brake converted the truck. Removed the in cab gas tank and breathed new life into the little 327 engine. Eventually before it gets too hot me and the girls will cruise in it. I plan on the patina staying and eventually swapping a 5.3 junkyard into it

Comment

Had to build seat risers to put in the seats from a 2017 Honda Odessa.

Those 1st row or 2nd row seats out the odessy?
                      Last edited by texansfan; 05-04-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        Those 1st row or 2nd row seats out the odessy?

Those are the middle row. They convert the Honda’s to being wheelchair accessible and they remove the middle row. They are brand new and reasonably priced.

Comment

[ATTACH]907711[/ATTACH]
                          My 87. Picture is a few years old but I still have it and drive it.
                          Last edited by doublearrow; 05-10-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Just ordered some parts for my ride. My good buddy, tankkiller1961, is gonna get it running for me before I come home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently rebuilding this 83 Bronco. Had motor, trans rebuilt. Body is sprayed with linex. This thing has been built from the ground up. Hopefully will be done in the next few months.
                              Attached Files

Comment

My son and I started this project. 1981 Chevy K10

Name:	IMG_2509.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	24563272

Name:	IMG_2524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	24563273

Name:	IMG_2533.jpg