Bayou Classic fish fryer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayou Classic fish fryer?

Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TMHSZ4..._tF5VAb66CZ0BA

Anyone used one of these? Tired of fighting the regular burners.

I have the R&V Works Cajun Fryer that looks identical and really love it. Mine is the 2 basket, 7 gallon and although it's perfect for big fries (15-20 pp) it's a little too big for just family frying around the house. I wish they made a 2 basket with divided compartments that could be used seperately.

Comment

I’ve got the 3 basket 9 gal model. Works like a champ. Clean up is kind of a pain in the azz though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the comparable Cajun one and it's awesome. Just run a few potato slices through it before frying and cleans up the grease. No leftover fish taste when doing something else. Grease lasts a long time. I would imagine the one you are looking at is the same. Think the main difference is metal thickness.

Comment

You will love it. I have the R&V and a friend has the one your looking at. Works the same just made of different material. Buccee's has the R&V the cheapest I think. I bought mine off the world famous TBH! I've also noticed Outdoor Gourmet or whoever Academy's brand is has one now as well.
          The fact that they don't burn up the oil and crumbs etc is awesome. Just filter the oil and keep on keepin on.
          I have the 4 gallon, 2 basket with removeable legs(for camping) and it'll sure put out the fish! Enjoy!

Comment

They make dang good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
              I’ve got the 3 basket 9 gal model. Works like a champ. Clean up is kind of a pain in the azz though.

Take it to a car wash and power wash it.

Comment

I’ve got a pressure washer. It’s still a pain in the azz to deal with. I only use it for special occasions... like a Crappie bash on Rayburn!!

Comment

I have that one and love it. I also got the cart for it. I put extra fittings on the drain to make it easier to empty. It takes longer to heat the oil than to cook a batch of fish and fries.

Comment

I have that same one and it works really well. I'll say this though, have you some help if you're cooking a lot of food. When that thing is rocking and rolling it is a 2 person job. Also, mine take about 4.25 gallons to get it to the "fill" line instead of the advertised 4 gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post

Just empty the oil, fill with water and boil it clean. Works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                        Just empty the oil, fill with water and boil it clean. Works very well.

That’s how I clean my 4 gallon 2 basket. A touch of a little degreaser and it’s clean in no time. I use ours a lot. We don’t fry in the house. I normally only clean it every 4-6 months.

Comment

How/where do y’all store them? In the house/garage? Leave the oil in them?

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
                            How/where do y’all store them? In the house/garage? Leave the oil in them?
                            Store it in the shop. Filter the oil and return it to plastic container.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                              Store it in the shop. Filter the oil and return it to plastic container.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X