No announcement yet.

When did the brotherhood stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is a lot to this site that’s not posted and padded post counts on the daily. I for one have lurked here for years. And hunt with 2 different groups of guys on a Mexico lease and east Texas lease that are on this site and met through this site. Have bought countless items and broke bread with over 10 strangers from tbh and not once ever come on here to post about it or follow up. That being said my post means this. TBH is a brotherhood that goes way beyond the cover of this green screen. As far as bownanza I have yet to go, but I’ve been at events and had over 15-20 tbh members creating there own “meet and greet” numerous times. I just think the evolution of communication and the hustle and bustle of people’s everyday life change therefore the feeling of the “brotherhood” may be different now than 10 years ago

Comment

Get off my lawn! Hi Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
        I think there is a lot to this site that’s not posted and padded post counts on the daily. I for one have lurked here for years. And hunt with 2 different groups of guys on a Mexico lease and east Texas lease that are on this site and met through this site. Have bought countless items and broke bread with over 10 strangers from tbh and not once ever come on here to post about it or follow up. That being said my post means this. TBH is a brotherhood that goes way beyond the cover of this green screen. As far as bownanza I have yet to go, but I’ve been at events and had over 15-20 tbh members creating there own “meet and greet” numerous times. I just think the evolution of communication and the hustle and bustle of people’s everyday life change therefore the feeling of the “brotherhood” may be different now than 10 years ago
        Well said

Comment

I guess I havent been around all that long compared to the original group, but I have always dealt with folks as individuals. I dont trust anyone just because they are part of a group. Yes, I do believe as a group TBHrs are generally "special" but it doesnt mean I automatically assume we are ALL good folks.

Comment

When did the brotherhood stop?

I don’t know about most folks but TBH is all about what you put into it. If a person isn’t around to see it or experience it, and just stops in every now and then or only shows up to ***** and create threads like this then they are part of the problem. (Not directed at BH specifically) If someone leaves because somebody doesn’t do something they like or says something that ticks them off then they are removing their positive influence in the equation and by default are part of the problem. I see daily examples of brotherhood in this place... daily ..and to reduce any of those instances to nothing with a blanket “what happened to the brotherhood” is just BS.

Sorry, I’m just sick of folks bitching about the way things used to be when the participation of those very same people is nil. There are a load of good folks on this site still.. some I call the best of friends that would do anything for anybody. Sure there is a lot of fluff.. sure there is some difference of opinion. Sure there are some folks that don’t like each other. That’s life. It is what it is when you get this many people together.

And I know for a fact there was some of that back in the day talking to other folks. It’s just our minds are coded to remember the good old days and long for the positives. There is plenty of good folks and good happenings on this site but you just have to be around to experience it. You have to participate. You can’t sit in the stands and boo and throw stones. It’s really that simple.
            Last edited by Smart; 03-23-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Still a lot of good folks here

Comment

Bring back the late nite crazies and the Outlaw Posse.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I don’t know about most folks but TBH is all about what you put into it. If a person isn’t around to see it or experience it, and just stops in every now and then or only shows up to ***** and create threads like this then they are part of the problem. If you leave because somebody doesn’t do something they like or says something that ticks them off then they are removing their positive influence in the equation and by default are part of the problem. I see daily examples of brotherhood in this place... daily ..and to reduce any of those instances to nothing with a blanket “what happened to the brotherhood” is just BS.

Sorry, I’m just sick of folks bitching about the way things used to be when the participation of those very same people is nil. There are a load of good folks on this site still.. some I call the best of friends that would do anything for anybody. Sure there is a lot of fluff.. sure there is some difference of opinion. Sure there are some folks that don’t like each other. That’s life. It is what it is when you get this many people together.

And I know for a fact there was some of that back in the day talking to other folks. It’s just our minds are coded to remember the good old days and long for the positives. There is plenty of good folks and good happenings on this site but you just have to be around to experience it. You have to participate. You can’t sit in the stands and boo and throw stones. It’s really that simple.
                  Well said numbazz!

Comment

I don’t know about most folks but TBH is all about what you put into it. If a person isn’t around to see it or experience it, and just stops in every now and then or only shows up to ***** and create threads like this then they are part of the problem. If you leave because somebody doesn’t do something they like or says something that ticks them off then they are removing their positive influence in the equation and by default are part of the problem. I see daily examples of brotherhood in this place... daily ..and to reduce any of those instances to nothing with a blanket “what happened to the brotherhood” is just BS.

Great answer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      GOF Club
                      Careful, you ain't that far off from it.

I'd happily share a shot of my Geritol witd ya. We can add some scotch to it and talk about old times.

Comment

Dang Smart. Your screen name may fit you! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear what you are saying and you are correct, I rarely contribute anymore though I do log in almost daily. There are still so many great people here, like yourself. And there again I very well could be allowing the few posts I select to ready overshadow. I guess before you knew the handful of turds and because of site growth the handful has turned into a bucket? Who knows?

BTW, I have a Mason jar at the house with your name on it

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            Now I am not calling anyone out and I do not want you too so let us keep this thread going please. Serious question though, when did the TBH "brotherhood" go south? Sometime in the past 2-3 years something changed. Most who have been around for many years are very trustworthy and know exactly what I am talking about. Now there are so darn many people who will not keep their word and overall only think of themselves rather than the greater good. Just yesterday a brother and I were visiting about this very thing. I truly miss the "old" TBH and conversing with many of you here but now, too many snowflakes have ran things a muck.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak in that how many people have gone to Bownanza over the past say 5 years? Are those numbers going up as membership increases or are the numbers going down?
                            I disagree. I have met some great people on this website just in the past couple years that I still keep in touch with. Sure there are losers here but you can spot them from a mile away.

This place is what we make it.

Comment

If you tend to ignore the trolls, they will go away. they get their jollies off stirring people up. when they get no response or very sensible measured responses - i think they get bored and move on. i think your frustration is more a theme of the way the internet of opinions is going, not specific to TBH in anyway.

my experience with others on this site has largely been positive. i may not be indoctrinated with the brotherhood in the same way you are or might not have the bar as high as you do. as others said, sometimes memory has a way of of being selective and focusing on the good things.

I'll also add that where you browse in this site can tend to affect your mood. i usually go to DIY Projects first. there is no drama there....sometimes i'll hit up the politics/current events and we all know there is a ton of emotion in that section.
                              Last edited by TeamAmerica; 03-23-2018, 01:33 PM. Reason: added last paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                I guess I havent been around all that long compared to the original group, but I have always dealt with folks as individuals. I dont trust anyone just because they are part of a group. Yes, I do believe as a group TBHrs are generally "special" but it doesnt mean I automatically assume we are ALL good folks.
                                Pretty much this.

Ive met a handful and remain friends with them. Have spoke to some on the phone and never actually met them. However, if they needed something Id do what I could.

I havent made a nanza due to its been the same time Im working day after day. Maybe one of these days

OP, I still have yet to shoot that .22 you left outside your house and I replaced with money. IMO that says a little about a person who is willing to leave something outside of their empty house to a complete stranger. Dont give up
                                Last edited by Quackerbox; 03-23-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X