No announcement yet.

Yildiz Shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recoil is nothing on the over unders compared to most pumps.

Comment

Put a little weight in the stock to balance out to your liking and a quality recoil pad and they are as comfortable to shoot as any other side by side / o/u or pump.
      Good value for the money.

Comment

Looked at a single shot 12 and a singe shot 410 today at academy. Had really good price on them both. Nice looking guns. Looked to b well made. They are on the light side so recoil would probably b a little tough. Never shot one but gonna have to give one a try

Comment

You might take a look at the CZ Shotguns. I had a Woodcock O/U and it was a nice gun. I see them on that site that List Arms fairly often.

Comment

I have a 12 o/u ,took the stock recoil pad off and put on the limb saver recoil pad it made a enormous difference. Highly recommended the limbsaver recoils pads they are awesome. Besides that it’s a good gun for me.

Comment

I have one in a automatic. Light weight, haven’t had any issues with it yet

Comment

Originally posted by ReneC. View Post
                I have a 12 o/u ,took the stock recoil pad off and put on the limb saver recoil pad it made a enormous difference. Highly recommended the limbsaver recoils pads they are awesome. Besides that it’s a good gun for me.
                This. I did the same when I wanted to get into skeet shooting but couldn't afford a "high end" O/U. I ended up doing my own load work ups and reloading and the recoil dropped a lot. I've got a few thousand shots through mine and love it. Haven't had a chance to take it hunting yet but would bet it'd do fine as long as I do my part.

God bless and happy hunting.
                Richard.

Comment

My father and I both have the 20 ga over and under! No problems here! Love the little guns!

Comment

I don't know anything about those but I have a CZ sxs and like it. Under a grand also if you want to look at something else

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                      Thanks all. I'm thinking about replacing my Remington 11-87 with one of these. It's heavy and won't cycle light loads.
                      Then it's dirty. It's a gas gun, so the only reason it won't cycle is it's either dirty or it needs a new o-ring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had Y guns since academy started selling them and have not had any problems. I have a 20 SxS that is a lot of fun to shoot, I just need to pattern it.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                          Then it's dirty. It's a gas gun, so the only reason it won't cycle is it's either dirty or it needs a new o-ring.

I should check the o-ring, then. Gun has done it since new, clean or dirty.

Never had a problem with high brass or heavier low brass loads.

Comment

I have a 12ga that I have shot a lot for the last four years with zero issues. Kicks like a mule though.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                              I should check the o-ring, then. Gun has done it since new, clean or dirty.

Never had a problem with high brass or heavier low brass loads.
                              Have you ever checked the recoil spring in the stock or the gas ports?

Comment

I have several friends that have the ou and use for dove hunting. Briley Guns in Spring Branch, did all the testing and i believe does the warranty work

Comment

Working...
                                X