Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamburger Helper

Comment

Mix some bacon ends and pieces in it,then make stuffed burgers. Fill them with cheese mushrooms onions or whatever else you want.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Spaghetti meat sauce from scratch is always a hit at my house. Lots of sweet basil, Shrooms and black olives too. I usually add some sweet and some hot Italian sausage to stretch it out a bit.
        Garlic buttered french bread and get out my way.
        This a huge hit in out house as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Didn't read thru, but did anyone say SOS?
          You were the first to mention it. Brings me back to my childhood, Dad cooking it and the look on my face when he spread it over a slice of toast. I have to admit, i curled my nose up at it. But after that first taste, it was great. Not the best looking dish, but mmmm it taste so good.

Comment

Anything you'd use ground beef for.

Comment

Tacos, enchiladas, spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs.

Shepherds pie is a favorite of mine also. Ground venison, seasoned to taste, corn, onions, Bell peppers and mushrooms, served over rice or mashed potatoes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

In for ideas!

Comment

Here is another good book. His Sloppy Does recipe in there is very good. Worth the price of the book all by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    Cornbread casserole
                    1 pound ground venison

1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
                    3/4 cup picante sauce
                    1 can (about 8 ounces) tomato sauce
                    1 can (about 16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
                    4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
                    1 package (about 8 ounces) corn muffin mix
                    Preparation

Cook the venison and oregano in a 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the venison is well-browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.
                    Stir the picante sauce, tomato sauce, and corn in the skillet. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir in the cheese. Pour the venison mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
                    Mix the corn muffin mix according to the package directions. Spread the batter over the venison mixture.
                    Bake at 375° F for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
                    Oh my this sounds heavenly!!!

Comment

Y'all are making me hungry...and this girl likes to eat

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        I use it for anything I'd use store bought burger for.
                        This

Comment

My wife makes really great sliders with venison. She usually prepares two varieties.

Option 1: Venison slider served on a Hawaiian roll with bacon, goat cheese, and strawberry jam

Option 2: Venison slider served on a Hawaiian roll with bacon and melted cheddar, bbq sauce, and selected vegetables

Much like others, we use ground venison in a number of dishes, but this one has been a favorite recently.

Comment

Don't forget hamburger steaks smothered in onions and gravy.

Season meat with salt and pepper
                            Divide up your meat into a few steaks/patties
                            Slice one medium sized onion
                            Heat a cast iron skillet with a tablespoon or 2 of oil
                            Throw in onions and cook until done and then remove and set aside
                            Cook steaks until medium to medium well and then remove and set aside
                            Add 2 tablespoons butter and melt
                            Add 2 tablespoons of flour and mix in with a fork crushing clumps
                            Cook that for 5 minutes or so to give the 'roux' a little color
                            Add 2 cups beef broth (or 2 beef bouillon cubes boiled down with 2 cups of water)
                            Bring that to a boil and then cut heat down to a simmer
                            Add back in steaks and onions and let simmer for 10 or so minutes to let all the flavors combine.

This recipe is from the mywildkitchen.com website but I couldn't find the link on there.

You can do smothered backstrap just the same. Only substitute burger meat for backstrap. Both are dang good!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
                              Is it ok to do this with the fat already mixed in? Will it be freezable if vacuum sealed?
                              Yes, if you bought beef burger, it would have fat in it also. I fo freeze mine in freezer bags and take outas needed.

Comment

I don't do this but my mom does sometimes. If you want to get rid of the gamey taste or blood, brown it and then boil it. Then drain it. This would be for use with tacos, hamburger helper, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X