Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Unique.

Comment

Im using 27gr of H-110 behind a 260 gr hard cast lead bullet as a hunting load out of my 45LC. Caution this is Ruger Super Blackhawk load only.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
        Im using 27gr of H-110 behind a 260 gr hard cast lead bullet as a hunting load out of my 45LC. Caution this is Ruger Super Blackhawk load only.

I haven't loaded it in a long time, but I remember only being able to load 22-23 grains in a 44mag under a 240. What velocity are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post

I haven't loaded it in a long time, but I remember only being able to load 22-23 grains in a 44mag under a 240. What velocity are you getting?
          1450ish

Comment

Impressive

Comment

Maybe I need to try something other than Unique. I'm loading 40S&W and 9mm and it seems to burn clean in my Glocks.

Comment

hahah not no but **** no!!! My new toy is a heritage 45LC, I wish I had a blackhawk. I've looked at the Ruger only loads and i know what that would do to my new toy lol. I appreciate the info but yah I can't load anything hot into this gun I plan to stay away from max loads and use my 45LC as my cowboy toy lol. That being said I make it sounds bad....well i did do an action job and replace all the springs with the wolf kit, I reamed the throats out to .4525" and cut the forcing cot to 11 degrees and fire lapped the barrel for good measure(I was already fire lapping my rifle that day so I figured why not).

Thanks for the info again guys.

Comment

Good reading on the old 45 Colt.

Comment

That was a darn interesting read. It makes we want a Ruger black hawk all the more but I bought my 45LC as a toy and I have other more useful guns I want to pour my money into before I start lobbing 300grs. at 1400fps.

Comment

Working...
                    X