LBJ Grasslands 2013-2014 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
    Thank you sir! Just wanna be perfectly clear. Orange is NOT required during bow only ( October) correct?
    Correct. I would suggest wearing it on youth hunt weekend in late October just to be safe.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to bowhunting and this site. I am learning quite a bit by reading these posts, and I like the friendly atmosphere. I'm going to be heading up to LBJ to take a look around in another week or so. Does anyone here have any additional advice to pass along to the FNG regarding the area?

Comment

Been out twice scouting. I think I found some good spots...only the trail cam will tell if theres anything worthy out there. I did run up on a doe with 2 fawns today up in a northern unit. Its nice to see something running around when you are a newer hunter and never hunted public land. Hopefully I continue to see some good animals!

Comment

Is there anybody who wants to show me the ropes on tracking deer and what they like to see around LBJ? My schedule is kinda crazy but feel free to PM me if you want to go out.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
            Wet this morning to grab my camera I left out last time I was hunting the LBJ in December. I found the tree that the camera was strapped to blown over. Camera still in good shape. Caught a pic of the biggest buck Ive seen on LBJ..Would be a dandy! 6 months baby!

Wow! I have never hunted the grass lands, but good luck this coming year! I hope you get this one.

Comment

I've had a camera out there since March. I was driving out there every two weeks till about a month ago. Work has been busy so I ain't checked it in a while. I did have a couple nice bucks coming through on a regular basis though. Hopefully they stay on those same patterns. I'm going out next Saturday to check it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                Wow! I have never hunted the grass lands, but good luck this coming year! I hope you get this one.
                You and me both.. Late getting my camera out but its going out in the next few weeks for sure!

Comment

Ill be hunting the the Lbj grasslands all season. I say we should have a meet up during season and get us together out there

Comment

Hey guys new to TBH so far I like it Im doing alot of hunting
                    This year also on the grasslands good to know I can have a place
                    To log info best of luck to everybody

Comment

Two cameras out... New tree picked for this year. Now its just a matter of a few months..

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
                        Two cameras out... New tree picked for this year. Now its just a matter of a few months..
                        Do you lock your cameras to the tree. I just got one to put out but thinkin ill get a lock box first. Should be a good season this year, saw a pretty good one last year so just maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                          wow!

Comment

Going out Sunday evening to check cards. Hopefully see some good ones out there!!

Comment

That is a great buck.....you might need a light to get him though.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                                Do you lock your cameras to the tree. I just got one to put out but thinkin ill get a lock box first. Should be a good season this year, saw a pretty good one last year so just maybe.
                                No, I dont lock mine. But I hunt a mile back and pretty thick.. I have not seen a person on camera in two year at my honey whole. It would be dumb luck for someone to stumble on them.

I did have one stolen the first year I was out there and it was locked. They cut the tree down to take it.. Then I figured out how to hunt public land.

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                                That is a great buck.....you might need a light to get him though.....lol
                                Naw.. Just patience. Heck, he could be the one I drew blood on..

If I would have been in the spot Im in this year I would have killed one of the two great bucks I saw.. Im excited for this year.. Very excited

Comment

Working...
                                X