Just Signed New Lease Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    Congrats on the new lease. The gut that got kicked off, did he try to retrieve it? I assume he didn't otherwise you will be going through members like crazy if you get kicked off just because you couldn't find a deer.
    X2? You gotta make heart shots out there or your gone!

Comment

Sound like a good place, but anybody knows you are going to lose one sooner or later. As long as every effort is made to find it should not be grounds to be kicked off. Maybe just counted as one of your lease allotted deer for the year.

Comment

When I read not retrieving a deer sounds like he didn't look. If it was because he didn't recover a deer after putting every effort possible forward, that is another thing.

Congrats on the new place.

Comment

The lease is a 8pt or better, the hunter told another hunter that he had shot a six point so he didn't bring it in because of the 8pt rule.

Comment

That makes sense and a good reason to kick him off.

Comment

Congrats! You're out here by me. Good luck this year!

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                The lease is a 8pt or better, the hunter told another hunter that he had shot a six point so he didn't bring it in because of the 8pt rule.
                Yup, that guy needed the boot.

Congrats to ya and good luck this year.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                  Congrats! You're out here by me. Good luck this year!
                  Where are you hunting at?

Comment

Where are you hunting at?
                    Just north east of Snyder maybe 10 miles. Live in Sweetwater. Youll drive right through on your way to the lease

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                      Just north east of Snyder maybe 10 miles. Live in Sweetwater. Youll drive right through on your way to the lease
                      What size of deer are you guys seeing, do you have any pics of the deer in the area?

Comment

Congrats on the new lease and look forward to seeing pics.

Comment

What size of deer are you guys seeing, do you have any pics of the deer in the area?
                          This will be my first year on the lease. But they've shot 2 over 150" and usually take several over 130" each year from what I'm told. We're not right next to you but close. We have Mulies too. There are some pics on a post in the classifieds for the lease. It's titled "5 spots on west Texas lease" this part of the county has good potential if you have a management system in place. Just from living in Sweetwater I can tell there are better deer north of I-20 than south. Free range deer that is.

Comment

That's good deer 130's and 150's! The ranch manager has been on this ranch for more than 10 years that's why he has a 8pt or better rule. I haven't seen any deer pictures of previous kills but my friend told me they have quality deer on the ranch.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

$6 per acre....excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X