No announcement yet.

Welp never thought it happen to us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told the fire was started by a rancher that was branding calves, not sure if it is the same fire as yours but if not it is very close to it.

Comment

Sorry this happened to you
      It just hit me how close all of us to have it happen to our ranch or lease.
      If there is a bright side (I doubt you can see one) is the future hunting will be better than ever.

Good luck

Comment

Tough goings on! Sorry about your barn. We are just north of yall a few miles in Wilbarger county. Our place was sprayed 7 years ago to kill all the mesquites. If we ever have a fire come thru its going to take 5 minutes to burn up our 2500 acres.

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost the barn
          Did your blinds make I through ok ?
          Hope you’ll get a rain soon

Comment

All the blinds and feeders made it out okay except for our one wooden blind, it was a big octagon that was a 6x7 on 4x6 wooden posts, if it had been on a metal stand it would have made it but that and a generator are the two big things we will have to replace. We’ve all agreed no more wooden blinds for us in case this ever happens again.

Comment

Glad to hear it wasn’t worse. Our place along with about 60,000 other acres back in 2011 due to the drought that extended beyond the fire we lost 80% of our deer herd and it took 4 years to get some since of normalcy back (drought finally broke). Now 7 years later you would never know.

Praying for timely rains

Comment

Working...
              X