No announcement yet.

One spot open on San Saba county lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is so tempting. Decided to take the year off and finally go bow hunting elk. Seems like y'all have it together on this place!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s pretty obvious your management plan is working. Great place and good luck filling your spots. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Comment

Wish there were 2 spots available. Exactly what I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Believe this is the best lease I've ever seen posted on TBH with rules that make sense. Won't last long at all!

I believe I’m going to agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This sounds like an incredible place. Management is being done in the right manner. Seems like all the members are in agreement and are following the management plan.
            Sure wish there was a place like this for a family of four to join.
            Best of luck to the hunter fortunate to join an outstanding lease.

Comment

Can you only hunt one spot or are there community stands? Where exactly is the lease?

Comment

We don't have community stands per se. We do however have a few road stands we corn for doe killing that are first come/first serve.

Comment

so first year can you shoot one management buck up to 8 points or two since you do not get a trophy. Any pics of the setup of the open spot?

Comment

Two is what he set up last year. This helps keep someone from coming in, shooting a young buck with lots of potential, then skating because he violated the management plan. I shot two management deer this year, well seven point culls. But I had some beautiful 5 year olds to look forward to this season . . .

Comment

I understand that concept. Will the new hunter need to provide lodging or be able to use existing campers? Sounds like a great place.

Comment

There is a cabin with a couple of bunks. However it's a community cabin and I can tell you from experience if you like to crash out early it isn't always easy. You'll want your own camper.

Comment

DRT, sent you a PM. Who is best to communicate with, you are brazosboy?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Two is what he set up last year. This helps keep someone from coming in, shooting a young buck with lots of potential, then skating because he violated the management plan. I shot two management deer this year, well seven point culls. But I had some beautiful 5 year olds to look forward to this season . . .
                            Thx for the input G.

As a new member you could shoot two bucks that are older 8’s or maybe 1. We ha e some guys that are shooting 1 buck/year. Some zero. Some 2. The reality is that a 2000 acre property is not going to produce 20 mature bucks/year. I shkt the 175” deer this year and my last trophy was a 140” buck 7 years ago. I’m at the point where I’d rather shoot mgmt bucks...unless it’s 175”. I personally live by it has to be bigger than the last trophy or I will pass and let somebody else shoot it.

Here’s a few more that were shot.
                            4.5 year old 9. We all thought this deer was 5 +.

5.5 year old 115” 10 point.

4.5 year old mgmt 8

Typical mgmt deer

Big 8

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by jtbrock179 View Post
                                Pm sent
                                You've already got 3 ranches stop it!

Comment

Working...