Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range
Default Pathological Liars

Any of yall have any that are friends or family? Ive have the ones that tell so many lies but they are harmless because they are just incredible fantastical stories that dont harm anyone and then Ive had the ones that tell really mean lies that do harm to relationships. The crazy stories I just laugh off, the ones that are mean and spiteful, well I cant tolerate that stuff. Ive been around extraordinary liars my entire life.....I can spot them a mile away so I did get some benefit from being around them. I always tell people, for the most part we are all ordinary people......extraordinary stuff doesnt happen to us on a weekly or monthly basis.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

You kin to the Clintons are you ?
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
asu-indian
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas

I've owned a fishing lodge on Lake Fork since 1992 doing business with fishermen. What do you think?
asu-indian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
skeeterboud
Four Point

of course!!!!! a coworker, and my bro..

my brother has over 50 employees. on the way home from fishing every week he talks to a lot of them on the phone. with every call, the catch and events become more unbelievable. by the end of the ride home, it feels like i went on a different trip than him!!
nothing is even close to the truth!!! my friends love the stories, say it's great entertainment. me...not so much
skeeterboud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #5
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

My FIL and a guy I work with would be 300 years old if they had done everything they say they have. Lol, I just laughed it off.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

I used to know somebody like that, but he got sent off, by the CIA, to assassinate the head of a foreign government and was ambushed by aboriginal warrior women who then tortured him for weeks before he was able to escape by riding a tree trunk over a waterfall and hiking back to the US where he had to sneak into the country posing as a foreign diplomat, where he was mistakenly taken to the White House where he was asked to represent the government as an undercover agent at the ACE Hardware.....where he still works.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
doright
Eight Point

Hunt In: Shelby co.

Yep. Had a guy that worked for me and an in law. Both would rather climb a light pole naked and tell a lie than to stand flat footed and tell the truth.
doright is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #8
6.5 shooter
Eight Point

We all lie. Just last week, I told my girlfriend she has a great smile...even though she is missing a front tooth
6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #9
325to1195
Four Point

Hunt In: Chireno, TX

Ex-wife #1, she'll lie to St Pete if she gets to the gate.
325to1195 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #10
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO

yes ��
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #11
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCullouch County

Yep! Most of the time harmless stuff can be just laughed off... it's when people actually get hurt in the process, that it realllllly bothers me...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #12
Jerry H
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
I used to know somebody like that, but he got sent off, by the CIA, to assassinate the head of a foreign government and was ambushed by aboriginal warrior women who then tortured him for weeks before he was able to escape by riding a tree trunk over a waterfall and hiking back to the US where he had to sneak into the country posing as a foreign diplomat, where he was mistakenly taken to the White House where he was asked to represent the government as an undercover agent at the ACE Hardware.....where he still works.
I am pretty sure we just saw one
Jerry H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #13
125Dad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co.

Yep my sister. All harmless and just don’t make sense.
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #14
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

I know someome like that....if their mouth is moving they’re almost definitely lying.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #15
bryan sandlin
Ten Point

Hunt In: old u.s.m.c. camys

way back in 91 I worked with a man that was about 8 years older than me. said when he got out of high school in 71 he was making 70,000 a year as a welder. and that he was the only person in Houston that could roll corrugated sheet metal. his best weld looked like one that a 10 year old could do with his foot. and he does not do sheet metal for this company because they cant pay him enough. the company was just about two steps above Todd Ship yard. pay wise, very rotten. when asked why he worked at a low wage place like this? the company needed him.
bryan sandlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #16
Junkers88
Ten Point

Hunt In: searching

Wife keeps saying that size doesn't matter. Does that count?
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 PM   #17
Daddypants
Four Point

I went to school with a kid that was just full of it. We all knew it and so we never took a word he said seriously. After high school, he moved off to the nearby city and went to a trade school. While there he became president of a mini truck car club (it was the 90s) and kept telling those guys the whoppers except they believed them! The crazy thing about his lies is he would tell a story and then include you in it and make you look good in the story! Sometimes even better than him! Once he told this wild tale about how himself, me and another friend got jumped by ten dudes and we whipped their asses. Of course, we were right out of high school and the group he was telling this to included some chicks. So, we went right along with it. Later, I got in the pickup with my other buddy (the one in the story) and I was like “Hey, that didn’t happen, did it? I want to make sure I didn’t get a concussion and forget the only time in my life I was Bruce Lee level cool.” Lol.

That guy missed his calling as a lawyer or politician. Instead he’s a truck driver. I imagine him like a way less cool Jack Burton telling tall tales on the CB. Lol.
Daddypants is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 PM   #18
rjet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers88 View Post
Wife keeps saying that size doesn't matter. Does that count?
LOL
I have never understood compulsive liars that have to know that you know they are full of BS.
Have known a few in my day.
rjet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #19
CEO
Ten Point

I have a buddy like this. Funny thing is he doesn't really lie about anything important. Talking to him on the phone not long ago and he starts in on a story and I stop him and say; I'm going to let you tell your story but just know I don't believe 95% of what you tell me. He just laughed and kept on talking.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #20
Reelthreat
Six Point

Each of these stories describes my best friend. From absolutely pointless to the most complex you could ever imagine... if his mouth is moving it is lying but he always makes you feel good in his lies.

Not really sure why he does it but 99% of them are harmless.
Reelthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #21
Encinal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Spite of Wife's Complaints

I can’t even stand embellishments, much less lies.

Im not a whole lot of fun for folks that like to do that stuff around a campfire to be around.
Encinal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #22
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
I can’t even stand embellishments, much less lies.

Im not a whole lot of fun for folks that like to do that stuff around a campfire to be around.

I have one buddy that is terrible about lying.

For instance he called me claiming he went on a skeet shoot a few months back and said he shot terrible and shot 50 or 60 out of 100. I went on my first skeet shoot ever and told him I shot a 78 out of 100 and he said that was terrible and he shot 99 out of 100 the last time he went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #23
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
So you met VooDoo?

Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #24
tonyterry
Six Point

Hunt In: Long star state

https://youtu.be/_fDayiRTULA

tonyterry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #25
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
I'm thinking he may have been undercover at the Lowes in Livingston before being sent to Ace Hardware...because that story sounds reeeeeally familiar
TxDispatcher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #26
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

I remember as a young child, my dad met an old fox Hunter one night out between Cleveland and Coldspring. As they talked, the gentleman asked dad "sir, do you lie?" Dad replied "no sir, I don't...its just not something that I do". The man looked at dad and said "well I'll tell you right now, I love to lie. I enjoy embellishing stories, it makes them much more interesting" hahaha...we wound up hunting fox and coyotes for years with that old man, and enjoyed listening to him tell his tales
TxDispatcher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #27
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land
Default Lying Dog

This reminded me of this story I've posted before.

Ralph the Talking Beagle

I was driving around the back woods of Arkansas, and saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: “Talking Beagle For Sale." I quickly turned around and went up and knocked on the door. An old man appeared and told me to "Go around back. Ralph is in the backyard".

I walked around the house, and saw a nice-looking beagle hound sitting there. Feeling rather foolish I said “You talk?”.

“Yep,” Ralph replied.

After I recovered from the shock of hearing a dog talk, I said “So, what’s your story?” Ralph looked up and said, “Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was just a young pup. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA and FBI".

"In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in on meetings with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.”

“I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running."

"The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger, so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible drug dealings and terrorist plots. They awarded me a batch of medals."

"I've sired lots of show and field champion pups, won the AKC Nationals, ran a lot of rabbits and now I’m just retired.”

I was amazed. I returned to the owner and asked what he wanted for old Ralph.

“Ten dollars,” the old man replied.

“Ten dollars? That dog is amazing! Ralph told me all about his adventures traveling the world. Why are you selling him so cheap?"

He replied, “Because that lying s-o-b ain't never been out of the back yard."
Froggy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #28
DWA
Ten Point

Hunt In: Palo pinto Johnson counties and Sonora

I hate that every guy from Vietnam I meet was a sniper. I heard a guy telling the cashier at Gibson's in weatherford say he was a 2nd lt. Sniper in 101st ABN With over 200 kills. I just laughed it off as another woulda shoulda coulda.but i had to ask if he had ever heard of Carlos hathcock? He said qoute" name sounds familiar". Smh.

I will add that there was a guy I worked with but is dead now that would out do the best. That if it weren't for Connelly he would have been there for Reagan. He found 2 stainless 55 Chevy in the swamps of LA just changed the oil and gas and started right up. He played professional soccer in Italy and scored the winning goal in a high profile championship game. Had a picture of him and hank Jr sitting on hank sr Lap that he had misplaced. The biggest was he had made friends with a group of "skunk apes" and the cut each other's hands to make a blood oath to never tell of there relationship. He told anyone who would listen. RIP CUMBO

Last edited by DWA; 03-01-2018 at 10:27 PM.
DWA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #29
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty
Default Pathological Liars

If anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I'm about 85% full of ****...I'll let y'all guess whether it's "about" on the high or low side.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #30
Gherkin05
Ten Point

Hunt In: NM,CO,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
If anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I'm about 85% full of ****...I'll let y'all guess whether it's "about" on the high or low side.

I appreciate your honesty, Dale.
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:28 PM   #31
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Have a friend that said a mutual acquaintance of our's would "rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth"...I agreed, short fuse for liars.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #32
pervis
Ten Point

I knew a guy in college. Hung out with this guy day and night for 7 or so yrs. So many stories I would put anyone to shame. We got crossed ways when I was about 26 or 27 and I realized the guy i had had so much fun with I honestly had no clue who he was. He lied all day everyday. We 're no longer friends. I know he's still around I'm surprised no one ever found him dead in a ditch by now. Thinking about him still makes me shake my head
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #33
Booner Sooner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Southeastern Oklahoma

Jerry was a funny man.
Booner Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #34
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

I get a kick out of the funny liars, the outrageous stories about jumping out of airplanes and parachutes not opening, etc. Being in the military we get to meet all kinds of people like this.

The other liars, the ones that have more of a mental health issue I don’t have time for. These people will bring other folks unknowingly into their world of lies and in the end it leaves everyone in a different place. These people need to get professional help.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #35
Merc
Eight Point

Hunt In: Vanderpool/Alaska...

I had the misfortune of dating a young lady from POC that if it weren't for meeting her family I wouldn't sure what her name was she told so many lies. Of course I figured it all out later, considering none of them were too extreme to throw up any red flags at the time.

Had her brother come apologize to me after the fact.

I just feel sorry for the people that have the need to lie like that to feel important.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 01:33 AM   #36
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I had the misfortune of dating a young lady from POC that if it weren't for meeting her family I wouldn't sure what her name was she told so many lies. Of course I figured it all out later, considering none of them were too extreme to throw up any red flags at the time.

I just feel sorry for the people that have the need to lie like that to feel important.
I’ve never met a girl from POC that was sane, sounds like a normal girl for that town...
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 04:49 AM   #37
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

Quote:

Hey, it could happen.

Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 05:17 AM   #38
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Seen him the other day
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:15 AM   #39
H-D
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

They are all around us.....beware!!
H-D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #40
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County

One of my roommates when I was in the Coast Guard.
Guy had so many different professions all before joining at 24yo he must have been quoting past lives.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:43 AM   #41
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Went to school with a guy that would climb a pole to tell you a lie, when standing in the ground and telling the truth would have done the most good. I honestly don't think he could tell the truth.... and he still can't
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:44 AM   #42
Martin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson County and Oklahoma.
Talking

Quote:
The White House........yeah......I painted it.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:46 AM   #43
deerwatcher51
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

I know someone who would lie when the truth would suit them better.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:47 AM   #44
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NYS, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

Quote:
Curt...If these are all YOUR words. My man you could write spy novels
Incredibly creative.

Now as far as liars go. Does it include Toppers?
You know the guy who always has to TOP your story with a better one.
He did it better, faster, bigger, longer,wider, he paid more, he paid less, he has more
Oh boy! I know a few of them
Tony Pic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #45
Throwin' Darts
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

i had a buddy who's ex claimed she was pregnant right after they broke up. For months she produced ultrasounds and medical bills. Her parents vouched for her. Well my buddy smelled a skunk so he did some calling around and turns out she wasn't even a patient of the doctor that she had all these bills from. He kept digging and the girl had made the whole thing up, fake receipts, fake bills, fake ultrasound. He had already dished out $5k. He kept digging and found out that the girl was stealing his mail, had hacked his Uber so she knew was he was when he went out, had hacked his iCloud so every photo he took showed up on her phone, had made fake dating profiles and was talking to him pretending to be other girls. The list went on and on.

He went to her dad about it before he blew the top off the whole lie and her dad freaking knew that she wasn't pregnant and had been lying. He said that she did the same thing to another guy before and that he had to bail her out from that mess. Whole dang family was nuts.
Throwin' Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #46
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

A coworker. As many jobs as he's "had" he would have had to have had a job per year from birth to 55 yo.
Graysonhogs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #47
Jason85
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can!

My older brother is the perfect example of a pathological liar. He would rather tell a lie even if the truth sounded better.
Jason85 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #48
wal1809
Ten Point

Lie to me one time, we are done.
wal1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #49
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

I am dealing with one that is on the mean and hateful side of things right now. Funny how people lie and try to spin things to make themselves look good when they get caught doing things they shouldn't be doing. Funny thing is no one buys the BS and this person continues to dig themselves deeper and deeper in a hole.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 07:18 AM   #50
TxAg
Pope & Young

Was on a lease for one year near Cross Plains. Lease manager lied constantly. And anything bad in his life was someone else's fault.
TxAg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top