Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #101
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Tiger Woods distance varies from club to club. According to Golf Digest, Tiger hits the driver an average of 285 yards with carry. His long irons (2- to 4-iron) range from 250 to 200 yards. His middle irons (5, 6, 7) range from 208 to 172 yards. His 8-iron travels 158 yards, and 9-iron flies 142.
And his ole lady hits a 9-iron......into his forehead
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #102
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

Someone with true "facts" optional of course here, will clear this up.
But The amazing thing about Tiger, in his prime was his ability to win when he was "SUPPOSED" to win.
Don't know the "facts" But I bet in his prime his PGA starts to PGA Wins % is light years ahead of any player in history. Someone please find these facts. I am too lazy!
Abcdj is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #103
NoFence
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettH View Post
Does this mean that my courses will have more available tee times??? Thank Gawd!! because it's exhausting... I can't wait for this golf popularity to decrease!!

I love Tiger and I hope he can somehow be competitive again
That's because 800 courses have closed in the last decade. A lot more than have opened.
NoFence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #104
NoFence
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Someone with true "facts" optional of course here, will clear this up.
But The amazing thing about Tiger, in his prime was his ability to win when he was "SUPPOSED" to win.
Don't know the "facts" But I bet in his prime his PGA starts to PGA Wins % is light years ahead of any player in history. Someone please find these facts. I am too lazy!
At one point he won 27% of all events entered. With fields of more than 100. Unbelievable.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #105
Pkripper
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Colorado

Tiger averaged 285 yds with carry during his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #106
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
At one point he won 27% of all events entered. With fields of more than 100. Unbelievable.
As they say in golf crowds "U DA MAN" followed by soft golf claps
Old 02-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #107
Atascosa
Four Point

Hunt In: Atascosa Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
read the article
It's important to note that the people interviewed for the article are the leaders of golf's governing bodies... they are likely to paint a more favorable picture of the state of the golf industry than say an actual analyst would be
Atascosa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #108
Pkripper
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Colorado

Quote:
Here's something we can all agree on. That 7 iron she hit him with has got to be worth a lot of money.

Not as much as it cost him.

Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #109
LWC
Ten Point

One of the strange things about Tiger that I could never wrap my head around was - he never came from behind (after being behind after the 2nd round) to win a major. But don't let him get ahead of you or it was adios muchachos!
Not sure of the mentality there but he had trouble if he wasn't in the lead. He won plenty of majors but just think if he would have won from behind in a couple of them.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:29 PM   #110
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
One of the strange things about Tiger that I could never wrap my head around was - he never came from behind (after being behind after the 2nd round) to win a major. But don't let him get ahead of you or it was adios muchachos!
Not sure of the mentality there but he had trouble if he wasn't in the lead. He won plenty of majors but just think if he would have won from behind in a couple of them.
Mentally 98% of AO's "all Others" knew they were going to lose to him in the Majors. He was only playing a couple of people, himself and the golf course
Old 02-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #111
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Tiger Woods: Does anyone even care?
No.

Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #112
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
His golf game didn't go down hill because of his injuries...his game went to crap once he wife found out about all of the ladies he was sleeping with.

Yet somehow he won 5 times in 2013 along with player of the year after all that.

Last edited by adam_p; 02-15-2017 at 02:37 PM.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #113
Lynn21
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Tx

Come on back tiger..... and your girls.
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #114
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever

Tiger Woods was to Golf what Lance Armstrong was to Cycling. Both screwed up and their sports are no where near the mainstream that they were when they were at their prime and scandal free.

Just like cycling doesn't need Lance to come back, Golf doesn't need Tiger Woods to come back. Rather some other player needs to step up and be dominant and have the marketability to raise the importance of the game into the masses that normally wouldn't care. In order to do that, you need a real sports story, something that transcends the sport itself. Lance had the whole cancer thing for instance...
SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #115
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: DCNF, SHNF, CROCKETT

Yes I do, I would love to see it. He did so much for golf and i think a lot of people are rooting for him still. You may be right, but I'd still love to see him back in form.
UrbanBuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #116
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
Yet somehow he won 5 times in 2013 along with player of the year after all that.

Tiger's 250 yard 5-Iron - YouTube
yeah I was going to post those facts, he almost won the masters in 2013 If it wasn't for that ''penalty blunder''....he got injured late that year and that was a wrap on a career, that back injury he sustained that put him on the sidelines really hurt his confidence, the world caught up to him
ghostgoblin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #117
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Choctaw Co. OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post

Tiger's 250 yard 5-Iron - YouTube
Yeah, but it took him 3 years to win again after the incident and he hasn't won a major since then. It definitely took a toll on him during that time. She took his mojo.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #118
NoFence
Eight Point

Quote:
Tiger Woods distance varies from club to club. According to Golf Digest, Tiger hits the driver an average of 285 yards with carry. His long irons (2- to 4-iron) range from 250 to 200 yards. His middle irons (5, 6, 7) range from 208 to 172 yards. His 8-iron travels 158 yards, and 9-iron flies 142.
I found this on Google too but it's just wrong lol. He would routinely hit his 8 iron 178-180.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:47 PM   #119
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
Yeah, but it took him 3 years to win again after the incident and he hasn't won a major since then. It definitely took a toll on him during that time. She took his mojo.
yeah because of injuries, the scandal happened late 2009, missed a ton of golf in 2010, came back at the masters and placed in the top 10 I believe from his first tournament back....lets say the scandal happened and take away all of his injuries, he would have 100 pga tour victories and close to breaking jacks record....injuries have been his Achilles heel , the scandal in the end might of cost him a tournament or two with confidence, the injuries have cost him close to 50 tournaments missed
Old 02-15-2017, 02:48 PM   #120
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

I grew up watching him as a kid while he was in his prime so I Would love to see him come back and play at a high level against all these kids that are blasting it on the course now that looked up to him in the 90's and 2000's.

Unfortunately looking at his swing from the last tourney he played in it looks like his body is saying no to him ever being able to play at a competitive level
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #121
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
I found this on Google too but it's just wrong lol. He would routinely hit his 8 iron 178-180.
I remember him hitting 7irons 210-220 at times with ease, I wouldn't trust numbers on the internet, sure they may have been averages but in his hay day he would over power every course he played...that's why you hear the term ''tiger proofing the course'' a lot because PGA venues had to adjust the course to tiger
Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #122
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

Here is another I found. Probably closer to accurate.
Driving distance of Tiger Woods
Driving Distance. Woods was one of the longest drivers of the ball on Tour between 2004 and 2006, averaging 303.24 yards off the tee during that time period. However, since 2010 Woods' average driving distance has dropped to 295 yards.

Quote:
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #123
d_e_smith
Pope & Young

Hunt In: ETX

A lot of opinions being thrown around, but I really think y'all are overlooking Happy Gilmore's impact on golf.
d_e_smith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #124
NoFence
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
I remember him hitting 7irons 210-220 at times with ease, I wouldn't trust numbers on the internet, sure they may have been averages but in his hay day he would over power every course he played...that's why you hear the term ''tiger proofing the course'' a lot because PGA venues had to adjust the course to tiger
Yep. As much as I love Spieth, we'll never hear jordan-proofing. With the exception of 2013, he's been bad since 2010. And he has STILL won 24% of the events he has entered lol. Tiger has played 328 events. At spieth's rate, he'll have 27 wins by his 328th event. Not 79 wins. For those that want to compare. And this is coming from a huge spieth fan.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #125
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton

Don't care.
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #126
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep. As much as I love Spieth, we'll never hear jordan-proofing. With the exception of 2013, he's been bad since 2010. And he has STILL won 24% of the events he has entered lol. Tiger has played 328 events. At spieth's rate, he'll have 27 wins by his 328th event. Not 79 wins. For those that want to compare. And this is coming from a huge spieth fan.
same here, I love spieths grindess, he will win a lot but no one will ever win like tiger, you even hear it from the top guys on tour, they always say no one will ever do what tiger did...
Old 02-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #127
WyoBull
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wyoming

Part of the edge Tiger had when he was dominating was the mental intimidation he had over the rest of the field.
Today, nobody is intimidated by him, especially the younger guys that are competing at the top today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #128
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Tiger was the man. He intimidated his opponents into submission. He was a freaking machine that could make any clutch putt, chip in on you, knock it stiff from the woods. It was truly amazing. I'm not sure there has been a more dominate figure in sports in my lifetime. MJ is close. Maybe Tyson before he got into raping?

Then that faithful night his hot wife found out he was tagging all the waffle house waitresses and hit him in the head with a nine iron. That was it. She tore off his cape and he was never the same. Not even close. Everyone, including himself found out that he was not super human.
Where is the Waffle House you speak of?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #129
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Where is the Waffle House you speak of?
you can probably find 90% of them on ****hub
Old 02-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #130
monsterspike
Eight Point

if you serve darkness, and the one you serve turns on you, you are done.

anyone that says as a father of young kids and husband, being exposed as a scumbag, wont affect your mental game, they must be a complete sociopath. if that doesnt disturb you, woe woe woe.
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #131
Slickrick
Eight Point

Hunt In: Shackelford CO

He should never have messed with the white women!!!
Slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #132
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

Golf fans still care. Here is a three page thread on a guy that has played three rounds in the last year and a half. Tiger still moves the needle. I hope that he is able to overcome his injuries and get back on tour full time.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #133
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Lol.
Tiger totally revolutionized the sport. Even with his poor play these days the ratings are higher, which = $......so I doubt the PGA and sponsors feel like some on this thread. I hope him the best and would love to see a push for just 4 more. Prayers for continued healing and THANKS for the many years of incredible, earth shaking, record shattering entertainment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #134
coonazz
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, LA, WY, CO, NM, AK, & Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Lol.
Tiger totally revolutionized the sport. Even with his poor play these days the ratings are higher, which = $......so I doubt the PGA and sponsors feel like some on this thread. I hope him the best and would love to see a push for just 4 more. Prayers for continued healing and THANKS for the many years of incredible, earth shaking, record shattering entertainment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
X2
coonazz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #135
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

I will say this when Tiger gets into contention in another Major the ratings will be off the charts.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #136
kembry
Eight Point

Hunt In: Searching

Love him or hate him - there will only be one! I'm a huge fan of Arnie and Jack but nobody has ever dominated a sport the way that he did. They're guys out there that have the game but not the mentality he had when he was intimidating the rest of the golfing world. Times change and the sport will move on with or without him. My paycheck is a result of what he and the others before him accomplished to bring golf where it is today and I'm grateful for that. I just hope these young bucks can keep it steered in the right direction.
kembry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #137
Codie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young,Throckmorton & Shackleford counties

I don't - so sick of hearing of him withdrawing from tournaments with back spasms (ONLY WHEN HE IS PLAYING BAD) it is not even funny.

Maybe he will take over and make Johnny Miller vanish from golf broadcasting! I would LOVE him if he would do that
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:01 PM   #138
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Makes me laugh to hear Tiger referred to as a "has been"

Does anyone care? Obviously someone does enough to start a thread about him on a bowhunting forum.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #139
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point

I wonder if people ever said "**** I wish Arnie would just quit already". Or "I'm so sick of hearing about Jack, he just needs to hang em up, he sucks!!""

I am more likely to watch if Tiger is playing.

HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #140
DarrellS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Makes me laugh to hear Tiger referred to as a "has been"

Does anyone care? Obviously someone does enough to start a thread about him on a bowhunting forum.
He is a has been. Will never be at the level he once was. Money and women got him. As it has many man.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #141
thewalt
Four Point

He was great but he is done, no longer a challenger to the Golden Bear's records, but his name still draws. He did a great amount of good for the game. He also damaged the game and his reputation forever. Best thing he could do is retire before he becomes a massive joke.
thewalt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #142
locolobo
Six Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

Not I, said the Wolf!
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #143
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalt View Post
He was great but he is done, no longer a challenger to the Golden Bear's records, but his name still draws. He did a great amount of good for the game. He also damaged the game and his reputation forever. Best thing he could do is retire before he becomes a massive joke.
He will never become a joke... Seve Ballesteros got to the point he could barely break 80 but the game still respected him. Yes Tiger dig forever run his reputation but his contribution to the game will never be forgotten. And he probably won't catch jacks record but he will win at least one more. He will catch that lightening in the bottle one more time.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #144
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
He will never become a joke... Seve Ballesteros got to the point he could barely break 80 but the game still respected him. Yes Tiger dig forever run his reputation but his contribution to the game will never be forgotten. And he probably won't catch jacks record but he will win at least one more. He will catch that lightening in the bottle one more time.
social media
eradicator is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #145
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I will say this when Tiger gets into contention in another Major the ratings will be off the charts.
This x1000
Era golfer on tbh will be tuna fished in for sure
Old 02-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #146
lakefork
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, KS

He is one of the greatest ever. I was tired of the man crushes the commentators and some fans had. We have a great group of young golfers on tour right now. I enjoy watching now as well is anytime ever. I'm 54 so I've seen them come and go.
lakefork is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #147
TyWebb
Ten Point

I like that he's not the limelight anymore, glad to see the new up and comers taking over

TyWebb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #148
GarrettH
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bandera

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_e_smith View Post
A lot of opinions being thrown around, but I really think y'all are overlooking Happy Gilmore's impact on golf.
#makehappygilmoregreatagain
GarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2017, 08:11 PM   #149
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_e_smith View Post

Lmfao

Old 02-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #150
gumbl3
Ten Point

Hunt In: muenster

I admire guys like Tiger, Brady, Jordan, Kobe.. They work hard and win, settling for nothing less.
gumbl3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top