Bowmens 3D Brenham, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowmens 3D Brenham, Tx

Here is their schedule for this year. I cant remember exactly what it cost to shoot, but I know first time guest shoot free.

Here are the bow shoot dates for 2016:
    Jan. 31
    Feb. 20
    April 3
    April 30
    May 15
    June 18
    July 17
    Aug. 20
    Sept. 24

These shoots are always on private property, and typically out on FM 390 to the east of Hwy 36.
    Last edited by BURTONboy; 01-18-2016, 12:40 PM.

Do you have more info on these shoots? Thanks

Comment

I believe its usually around 25 or so targets, under $20 to shoot (I thinks its around $10 actually, or was last year), usually around 15 people and they typically give out prizes at the end of every shoot. Targets usually in the 20-40 yard range, but sometimes they will set a bonus target out there around 60 yards just for fun. Its a good group of people, they just have a hard time getting enough folks to show up to their shoots. Very laid back, pick a group of people you want to shoot with and keep your own score. Turn your score in after you're done shooting.

Location is given about a week in advance via email to members, and I will try to update this thread with that info as I get it.

Comment

Thanks, sounds great, live about 30 miles from Brenham, would love to shoot there. Please post more info when you get it.;

Comment

I'm a member of this group, but haven't had the time to go to the shoots in a while. I think they have a lifetime membership fee as well. I'm not certain but I think it's around $100 and you never have to pay for anything again. Donations are always accepted.

Comment

Thanks for the info, always looking for a new place to shoot 3-d..looking forward to more info on these shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Bridge View Post
              I'm a member of this group, but haven't had the time to go to the shoots in a while. I think they have a lifetime membership fee as well. I'm not certain but I think it's around $100 and you never have to pay for anything again. Donations are always accepted.
              The shoot still cost for members as well, it's just cheaper and you get the benefit of 2 members only shoots every year where they give away door prizes and typically cook a hamburger or steak lunch.

But non members are always welcome as well, just might cost a little bit more.

Comment

Tagged.

Do they have different stakes for trad?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I'd be interested in this
                    Hopefully I can make it to a few this year

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      Tagged.

Do they have different stakes for trad?
                      I dont recall them having any, but ive also never seen anybody with trad gear out there.

I dont run Bowmens, I am just a member.

Comment

Alright, here are the fees, prizes, and general information as it was just given to me by one of the leaders of the club.

At the end of every shoot, winning team will be paid 30% of shoot fees, 2nd place will be paid 20% of shoot fees.

All shooters will be assigned numbers during registration. After the shoot numbers will be drawn to create two man teams. Each of the team members scores will be added together to get the teams score. The highest two scores get the prizes listed above.

Lifetime membership is either $100 or $120 (not sure which), $10 shoot fee for members and $30 shoot fee for non members. With every non members first shoot being free. Also, all youth shooters 15 and under shoot free.

All membership money will be used for targets and supplies. The remaining 50% of shoot fees will be used for replacement targets as required or additional targets. All bank balances and transactions will be posted at every shoot.

Comment

Doesn't sound like they have a trad category with that type of shoot setup. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Bowmens 3D Shoot this Sunday the 31st at Lampe Ranch. We will start setting up targets at 7:30. The shoot will start at 9 in the morning.

Guest shoot FREE the first time they come. Tell a friend.

Directions to Lampe Ranch

from Brenham
                            Hwy 36 north - approx 8 miles
                            turning right on FM 390 (heading east) approx 2.7 miles
                            turning left on Mayfair Ln (heading north) approx 2 miles
                            to dead end gate on left will be open
                            drive in to the barns
                            (there are not any fences along road but please stay on road and not
                            cut across pasture to where everyone is parked)
                            just past white barn with red roof will be an open gate
                            follow trail to parking area

from Independence
                            FM 390 (heading west) approx 6.3 miles
                            turning right on Mayfair Ln (heading north) approx 2 miles
                            to dead end gate on left will be open
                            drive in to the barns
                            (there are not any fences along road but please stay on road and not
                            cut across pasture to where everyone is parked)
                            just past white barn with red roof will be an open gate
                            follow trail to parking area

Comment

Do they post scores from the shoots? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X