No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I transplanted watermelons today and regret that. They are still there but Im sure not happy. Also planted a couple thornless blackberry plants

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
      Slick, where did you get your carb? I need to replace the carb on my Mantis.

And I agree, it's a great little machine.
      Got the sucker off Amazon! Less than 16 bucks! New carb, hoses, spark plug, air filter, the works! Here's a link to the one I bought. Took less than 30 minutes to make the switch out. Put in fresh gas, cranked right up. Tweaked the jets just a bit and it was humming like it was brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Got the sucker off Amazon! Less than 16 bucks! New carb, hoses, spark plug, air filter, the works! Here's a link to the one I bought. Took less than 30 minutes to make the switch out. Put in fresh gas, cranked right up. Tweaked the jets just a bit and it was humming like it was brand new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Thanks, buddy. Just what I was looking for.

I just ordered, and it was Prime free shipping with no tax. Heck of a deal for $15.88.

Thanks again.

Comment

Yea, I ordered Monday morning Prime. Shipped same day and I actually got the kit on Tuesday... Was weeding with the Mantis Wednesday afternoon...

Comment

Squirrels are at it again! I went to check on the beans and every little veggie was eaten down to the stem end. Probably lost 40 beans that we were planning on eating with dinner last night.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
              Squirrels are at it again! I went to check on the beans and every little veggie was eaten down to the stem end. Probably lost 40 beans that we were planning on eating with dinner last night.

Richard.
              Maybe something like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcRhflUbcg&t=32s"]squirrel zap - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post

Richard.

My cat takes care of that, mice, and rabbits for me. Two or three times a week he drags a dead something to the back porch as proof he doesn't need us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We started a couple of weeks ago. The tomatoes peppers and onions are doing well. Will plant the rest this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

If we don't get rained out, I will row the rest of the garden and get the peas n corn planted... Everything is doing really well so far...well except something is cutting the leaves off the bell pepper plants... Gonna Seven Dust 'em after the rain...

Comment

It's a nice toasty 66 in the greenhouse.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                        Maybe something like this

squirrel zap - YouTube
                        Greatness ! But needs more amperage. And a grounded plate or hardware fabric below the feeder to catch the squirrel, and continue the frying.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                          It's a nice toasty 66 in the greenhouse.
                          Wow! I gotta give it to ya. If I had to go through all that trouble to grow some veggies, I'd have to pass! Look forward to following your garden this season!

My wife planted the rest of her Cukes, cantaloupes, squash, and some more maters n peppers...

The wind is gettin' it right now, but so far no rain... sure hope that continues to be the case.

Comment

Turns out we'll be getting a bunch of bonus cantaloupe... our compost had seeds that are now sprouting all over

Comment

Well, so much for working in the garden today... Rain pretty much all night and it don't look like it's done... Apparently no hail or anything damaging other than just too much water... I did get the rest of it plowed yesterday evening before the rains hit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6482.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	24490144

Comment

Too much water is not even close to being our problem, we need rain in the worse way. I rigged up a self watering system this evening on my strawberrys.
                                It's on a timer so it's plug and go

Comment

Working...
                                X