Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best advice your boss ever gave you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Always hire folks that know something you don't"

Comment

Never say no, say "this is what I can do".

Comment

When I was a foreman on an iron working crew and some lame brain would want praise for doing his %$#@$ job.
        I would always tell him. "Great I'll put you in for a decrease in pay!" That shut them up right quick and in a hurry
        Last edited by texaspacker; 04-26-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Pertaining to not liking a company policy.
          It's called the "Golden Rule, He Who Has The Gold Makes The Rules"

He also was the manager of my first deer lease and one time when another lease member was causing problems he leaned over and said "You will never see someone's true colors until you get on a deer lease with them".

Truer words were never spoken.

Comment

Don't tell them no, tell them what yes looks like.

Comment

Dont think too hard but think outside the box and see the other side.

Comment

Boss early on told me "I am very intolerant of my employees who don't have time to do a job correctly, but have time to do it over." Passed that jewel on to my soldiers each and every time I was in command or in charge.

Comment

If you dont make a mistake from time to time you aint working hard enough

Comment

Only thing my boss ever said that made any sense at all was "Maybe you should get a bayonet for your muzzleloader." This was after telling him about having to finish off a hog by beating it against a tree because i didnt want to waste another bullet on it. Other than that he is nothing but a man child full of bad ideas and useless info.

Comment

Who's plucking this chicken, me or you?

Comment

"Youre fired"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I first got into management a mentor of mine told me

"Accountability...Accountability.....Accountabilit y...it's your job or theirs which one do you value more?"

Comment

"This isn't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Comment

"If you want to do this for the rest of your life, drop out of college. If you don't, make the grades, work your *** off, and come back to take me to lunch when you make it big."

I haven't had another boss since Mr. Dave.

Comment

"If it's your idea and it works out, I'll give you credit for it".
                                "But if it don't work out, I'll **** sure give you credit for it"!!

Another one was "don't tell me how rough the water is, just bring the ship in".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X