DCNF Hunters "Help Wanted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCNF Hunters "Help Wanted"

I hate to even ask, but if there's anyone hunting DCNF near Groveton/Kennard Nov. 3 thru Nov. 11th, I sure could use your help. I have a young track dog I'm training and I would love to get her on as many (sure kill) tracks as possible this year. A deer that runs 60-150 yards and you see/hear fall would be perfect. She's pretty young and I'm just needing to get her lots of experience on easy tracks. If I didn't like hunting the forest so much a lease would be so much easier. It would be greatly appreciated and it would be nice to meet some of you guys. PM if you think you can help and I'll send you my contact info. Thanks again.

I'm headed back down Thursday morning to hunt through the weekend. Hopefully I can bust a doe or 2 before saturday. If I get one I'll let you know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be around back and forth between DCNF and ANF I'll keep you in mind.

Comment

Where do you live?

Comment

I live in Brazoria County.

Comment

I might be able to help you out on the 10th if I can get on something. I may hunt around apple springs or ratcliff area.

Comment

Sounds good. I'll PM you my cell #. If you guys don't get a PM from me let me know. Thanks

Comment

I will be around Kennard the 3rd-6th

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I missed one yesterday eve, not helping myself much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boone44 View Post
                    Well I missed one yesterday eve, not helping myself much!!!
                    At least you're getting close to deer. I think my smell is getting the best of me with these warms temps. I'm drenched by the time I get settled. And lord the opening weekend warriors are piling in. Most I've seen in the last few years.

Comment

My buddy shot a buck this am. My pup got to track it. Hoping she gets some more tracks this week.

Comment

Well I ended up getting one but he didn't take a step so I couldn't help your pup out

Comment

No problem. Thanks for trying. We've shot 3 and she found all of them. One went 250+ yards with little to no blood. One went across a steep ditch with about 2 ft of water, she dove in and swam it. It went about 80 yards. The other was an easy 60. Hoping to get her on some more this week. She just turned 4 months. I think I have more fun watching her track than I do hunting myself. Well, almost. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                          X