Mobile Shooting Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Shooting Table

I've got a big ole suburban that I'm thinking about mounting a Caldwell Shooting Table onto too. I usually lay down prone and shoot off my suburban but I am limited to just what's out in front of me. I've had many a hog and yote sneak up behind me at night where I couldn't swing around and shoot.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Caldw...h-All+Products

Anyway. I don't want to weld or permanently hard mount it. Any ideas or suggestions on a quick connect/detach system. I don't have a luggage rack or support or anything on top of my suburban.

A turret just like a tank. YA!!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter59 View Post
      A turret just like a tank. YA!!!! Lol
      x2

Comment

Buddy suggested 3 cotter pins, 6 small 45 degree steel plates, a drill, a welding torch.

I like the idea just not sure I'm ready to weld yet

Comment

you wanna weld it to the back or the front?

i would think you could just build it and slide it into your hitch and be done with it.

If you want it on top...well..i would think you could make a rail system that runs the length of your roof, then add some cotter pins to remove the stand when you dont want to use it.

where do you want to put this thing?

sounds fun!

Comment

I would mount it to the rear. Attach to rear hitch so it is removable. The turret idea is good also. Cut the top and add retractable cloth so you can stand inside the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
            X