No announcement yet.

sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lunatic'hunter as far as i know i don't think you can bring an Rv down to lakeview camp ground. it is for tents only. I have never seen an RV there and i go buy there all the time in the boat. but I have seen deer in the area.

Comment

The map legend showed trailer space. Guess we will see for sure if we go. thanks
      Originally posted by coach2 View Post
      lunatic'hunter as far as i know i don't think you can bring an Rv down to lakeview camp ground. it is for tents only. I have never seen an RV there and i go buy there all the time in the boat. but I have seen deer in the area.

Comment

I see a Sam Houston NF thread. We need to have one for Sabine. Wait....maybe we ought to keep it to ourselves!

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
          I see a Sam Houston NF thread. We need to have one for Sabine. Wait....maybe we ought to keep it to ourselves!
          Might as well keep quite,cause their are no deer in east TX.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
            Wait....maybe we ought to keep it to ourselves!
            Good Idea!!! When people talk nonstop I wonder why there's soooo many nubbins on all the NF threads!?

Comment

thread closed!

Comment

I don't know about the herd being thin. I hunted both pretty hard last year had a stud 10 I missed. I was hunting that buck on SNF. Hunted ten days straight saw anywhere from 3 to 15 deer at a time but never zeroed. I hunted Moore most of Dec and it was a lil tougher. But I did end up seeing two nice shooters. If u fertilize trees you can put the deer where you want them. Moore is a little more crowded than SNF in my opinion. I stay at my lake house on Six Mile and the SNF backs up to the back of my property.

Comment

I have pictures of a 17 inch spread buck in angelina look up my post sayin angelina national forrest. He is there u just need to go

Comment

Look at my avatar thats no nubbin. Go to angelina national forrest i have the gps location. Go getum. Got 2 on the wall bigger both from angelina.

Comment

"I stay at my lake house on Six Mile and the SNF backs up to the back of my property". That my friend equals, heaven. You a blessed man.
                      Originally posted by WIGSPLITTR View Post
                      I don't know about the herd being thin. I hunted both pretty hard last year had a stud 10 I missed. I was hunting that buck on SNF. Hunted ten days straight saw anywhere from 3 to 15 deer at a time but never zeroed. I hunted Moore most of Dec and it was a lil tougher. But I did end up seeing two nice shooters. If u fertilize trees you can put the deer where you want them. Moore is a little more crowded than SNF in my opinion. I stay at my lake house on Six Mile and the SNF backs up to the back of my property.

Comment

Just got through scouting SNF and Moore yesterday evening looks like its gonna be a good year. Saw quite a few scrapes. Only bad thing I saw was hog sign everywhere I went. My lockon is still in the NF and it's been in that spot now for 3 years. I left it in there one year cause I was working out of town for 6 months. Got back to get it out and it had grew into the tree. Will be checking cameras this weekend and post pics.

Comment

going up to my dad's for 5 days next week to get everything finished and ready to go. Do some work in the morning and fishing in the evenings

This where we have to rough it when I go there.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Cur_Dog; 09-21-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Where is that? Near East Hamilton?

Comment

It is the first point of land that is south of Huxley Bay. It used to be called Still Waters.

Comment

Cool place! That's north of Hamilton. Lots of good huntin there.

Comment

Working...
                                X