Lake Lewisville COE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Lewisville COE?

I was under the impression that Lake Lewisville was not open for hunting, but upon further research found out it is?

1st Question. Is the hunting in this area any good?

2nd Question. On the hunting maps for the lake you can find it has a section labeled "City of Denton Hunting" What is this area? Still considered part of COE land, or does it have it's own set of rules and regulations (likely following denton county hunting regulations)?

If any one could shed some light on this subject for me I would be very appreciative as I am interested in hunting out here!

-Matt

Regarding bowhunting, they give out permits. I believe they have given out all their permits this year.

You can get a permit at the Lake Lewisville office. For the Denton hunting, you have to go thru a separate entity.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      Regarding bowhunting, they give out permits. I believe they have given out all their permits this year.

You can get a permit at the Lake Lewisville office. For the Denton hunting, you have to go thru a separate entity.
      Man this is great as I also thought Lake Lewisville was closed to hunting. I driver from Denton to Allen every day right down 380 and always say to myself I wish there was a way for me to hunt that land. Do you know what entity I need to go through for the Denton hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Brockles5211 View Post
        Man this is great as I also thought Lake Lewisville was closed to hunting. I driver from Denton to Allen every day right down 380 and always say to myself I wish there was a way for me to hunt that land. Do you know what entity I need to go through for the Denton hunting?

I believe it is the city of Denton, but not sure. I picked up my permit from the lake lewisville office....figured that was good enough for now.....it was the second to last permit issued from what the lady told me. I didn't have the time to check out the city of Denton. I bet if you do some googling you can find out....or call the lake lewisville office and they'll tell you

Comment

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lew...on/hunting.asp

Comment

Sweet! Thanks TxAg, I'll definately look into this as its not terribly far from me to get out there! Have you had a chance to hunt it?

Comment

Hogs only on Lewisville lake. You can get Denton permit off of Mckinney St. (940)349-8230. Paid twenty for permit last year.You need Hunters ed card also.Access is very limited. good luck

Comment

Yea its Hogs only and i think its shotgun and muzzle loader.and bow as well iam sure

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Bowhunter View Post
                  Sweet! Thanks TxAg, I'll definately look into this as its not terribly far from me to get out there! Have you had a chance to hunt it?
                  Not yet. Although, I do have a couple access points lined out and I've looked at a few maps.

It is hogs only...

and this from the website listed above:

Legal Hunting Weapons and Methods: Archery only for feral hogs, all other legal game may be taken with a shotgun using shot size no larger then #2. Crossbows WILL be allowed to hunt Feral Hogs. It is ILLEGAL to hunt with or carry Muzzleloaders, rifles and pistols while on USACE property.

Comment

Working...
                  X