Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-31-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default Free underware

So on the radio ( austin ) they are talking about 4000 kids are getting free back packs and inside those backpacks will be 5 pair of underwear.
So, we give these " poor " people welfare, housing, phones, food stamps etc.
And still the tax payers have to provide free underware, tampons, food.

Why dont we just open up giant orphanages and remove these kids from their ****head parents.
If they cant buy underware for their kids they need to loose those kids and any gov. assistance the adults need to starve in the streets.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
kcmarullo
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma

Amen !
kcmarullo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Spoiled_TN_boy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Public Land

Also, if a family receives CHIP, they can apply for free phones (limited minutes/data) and free home internet.

My Ex rides this train. She doesn't claim the "live in boyfriend" of 5 years as income.
Her $11,000/year income puts her in line for all kinds of freebies. Meanwhile, I'm paying her $900/month so my son can eat corndogs for dinner and be home alone 4 nights a week while she "works" at the dance studio.
Spoiled_TN_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #4
Bdub25
Four Point

Hunt In: Webb County

Are you sure the backpacks are government funded? It sounds like a charity thing to me, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bdub25 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub25 View Post
Are you sure the backpacks are government funded? It sounds like a charity thing to me, but I could be wrong.

That’s what I was thinking too...
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
Loftin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Your backyard

Spoiled TN I gotta ask is the “dance studio” she’s in a strip club? Sry I had to ask haha that’s a f***** up situation for sure!!
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
MisterSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Chambers, Bandera, Batson, Sonora

I'm with ya on taxes, at the same time I feel bad for the kids that suffer due to their parents lack of will and want.
MisterSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 05:10 AM   #8
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

I have some second hand ones that I could donate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 05:19 AM   #9
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:

We're doing a backpack drive here at work. Minus the underwear. We donate them every year.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 05:26 AM   #10
pervis
Ten Point

I dont need any in my back pack. I roll nat u ral.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 05:42 AM   #11
N.DaWoods
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Meth
Alchohol
Laziness
Over stimulation with electronics

These seem to be the reasons a lot of parents do take care of their children or themselves for that matter.
N.DaWoods is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #12
Phillip Fields
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NC,TX, and anywhere else I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
We're doing a backpack drive here at work. Minus the underwear. We donate them every year.
The underwear was donated by "Undies for Everyone", a non-profit out of Houston.
Phillip Fields is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 06:24 AM   #13
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Im all for privately funded/donated charity. Totally against gvt funded. ( sounds like this one my not be gvt funded ). The thing that gets me is that so few that receive it actually NEED it. As others have said, most American poverty is due to laziness, drugs etc. I have no sympathy for those, and the kids suffer for it. Neglect etc charges shoukd be filed if you cant feed your kids because you WONT work or use drugs etc. Maybe in the end its all worth it ( privately funded ) if a few REALLY in need are helped.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 06:57 AM   #14
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Our backpacks are sent to Boys & Girls Club of America to be given out to the kids.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:05 AM   #15
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:

I know that there are lots of charities that do this type of thing but what I heard kept specifically mentioning AISD was providing the packs and the underware.and also mentioned the free lunch during summer and other stuff..
If it turns out it is a charitable endeavor I have no problem with that.
That said our taxing entities love to throw our money out the window by expanding gifts to the poor instead of making the poor accountable for what they already recieve
Old 08-01-2019, 07:05 AM   #16
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Fields View Post
The underwear was donated by "Undies for Everyone", a non-profit out of Houston.
You're spelling it wrong
Sackett is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:11 AM   #17
CEO
Pope & Young

My son's daycare has been doing something similar the last few weeks. One week it's bottled water, next week socks and underwear, etc. We also take two nieces and a nephew each year to get backpacks and some clothes. I'm a softie for kids, partly because I was a bit spoiled but grew up in an area where plenty of my friends did without.

The parents tho...I wouldn't swerve in a ditch to miss them.

Last edited by CEO; 08-01-2019 at 07:39 AM.
CEO is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:17 AM   #18
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
My son's daycare has been doing something similar the last few weeks. One week it's bottled water, next week socks and underwear, etc. We also take two nieces and a nephew each year to get backpacks and some clothes. I'm a softy for kids, partly because I was a bit spoiled but grew up in an area where plenty of my friends did without.

The parents tho...I wouldn't swerve in a ditch to miss them.
This is a good thing also to teach your kids sharing and charity.

Agreed on the parents that need to get out and find a job.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #19
Hooverfb
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Im all for privately funded/donated charity. Totally against gvt funded. ( sounds like this one my not be gvt funded ). The thing that gets me is that so few that receive it actually NEED it. As others have said, most American poverty is due to laziness, drugs etc. I have no sympathy for those, and the kids suffer for it. Neglect etc charges shoukd be filed if you cant feed your kids because you WONT work or use drugs etc. Maybe in the end its all worth it ( privately funded ) if a few REALLY in need are helped.
100% agree. Been pretty jaded by what I've seen when helping, but in every case it's been crappy parents. Heck we had a mom of a family we helped steal her daughters money (because the daughter was actually trying to work) and then tell her that she needs to ask us for gas and food. Like how screwed up can you be that you purposely steer your kid into the ditch and use them selfishly.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to help anyone in need and get folks off the govt funded charity line.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #20
Charles
Pope & Young

Many working tax payers have to take and pass a drug test to keep employment. Folks receiving Government assistance should be required to do the same.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #21
Kevin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

How horrible. Giving kids backpacks and undies. Who would do such a thing and waste money I could spend on new broadheads and deer corn so that kids who have ****ty lives can have something like a school book bag and undies. Give me my Starbucks.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #22
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
Spoiled TN I gotta ask is the “dance studio” she’s in a strip club? Sry I had to ask haha that’s a f***** up situation for sure!!

My thoughts as well

FLASH_OUTDOORS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #23
Kevin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

Sounds like a horrible event.

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/...hool-supplies/

FYI the undies were from a non-profit.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #24
trophy8
Pope & Young

I haven’t read the article. But no kid should go without food and clothes and the things they need regardless of their parents. Ever. And I’d gladly help them out. Like the charity stuff HEB does. $5 extra to help feed some folks or provide school supplies to kids? They need that $5 worse than me.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #25
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
How horrible. Giving kids backpacks and undies. Who would do such a thing and waste money I could spend on new broadheads and deer corn so that kids who have ****ty lives can have something like a school book bag and undies. Give me my Starbucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
I haven’t read the article. But no kid should go without food and clothes and the things they need regardless of their parents. Ever. And I’d gladly help them out. Like the charity stuff HEB does. $5 extra to help feed some folks or provide school supplies to kids? They need that $5 worse than me.
Kind of my thinking too. Of all things to get worked up about government spending, getting kids some school supplies and clean underwear isn’t one of them.
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #26
coker737
Ten Point

Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX

Free Stuff = Democratic Votes.....Oh did I just do that. I'm BANNED NOW....LOL
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #27
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Preach!
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #28
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by be12hunt View Post
Kind of my thinking too. Of all things to get worked up about government spending, getting kids some school supplies and clean underwear isn’t one of them.
#firstworldproblems
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #29
HogHunter34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anderson County

I’m all for the kids sake it’s the dead beat parents who elect not to work & do everything they can to milk the system for every nickel & dime. I saw a video posted on FB about a woman who received a letter in the mail saying she was approved for welfare benefits. You would have thought she won multi millions in the lottery the way she hysterically reacted dancing & such.
HogHunter34 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #30
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You’d think with all this free stuff kids could spell UNDERWEAR
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #31
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
So on the radio ( austin ) they are talking about 4000 kids are getting free back packs and inside those backpacks will be 5 pair of underwear.
So, we give these " poor " people welfare, housing, phones, food stamps etc.
And still the tax payers have to provide free underware, tampons, food.

Why dont we just open up giant orphanages and remove these kids from their ****head parents.
If they cant buy underware for their kids they need to loose those kids and any gov. assistance the adults need to starve in the streets.
Really? This is the cause you were destined from birth to sabotage? You must be a hoot at parties.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #32
ctom87
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nolan County

Wife works in NICU at the hospital... Parents will visit the kids coming in smelling like weed, and only come in long enough to meet the minimum amount of hours to get the hospital's vouchers. They give you money to make your car payment and house payment, or pay for hotels, food, etc. for the months you're away from home as long as you see the kid every so often. But they all have their $1,200 iPhones.

So forgive me for being jaded when you have luxurious material items but beg for money to make a house payment.
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:58 AM   #33
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
Really? This is the cause you were destined from birth to sabotage? You must be a hoot at parties.
Sabatage....really? Such a ****in joke.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #34
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

I'm all for it. This is underwear and school supplies for kids, not something likely the parents are going to sell although most folks receiving it will not meet that stereotype anyway. School supply list can be a couple hundred dollars for mine. That's a lot of money to somebody scraping by. Yes you can say the parents should be able to provide for their kids but if they can't why not help them. I have no problemstelling an adult to work a little overtime if they need more money. This is a different situation though, we're talkin about underwear and school supplies that will help a kid getting an education. We fill backpacks every year and they go to kids that need it. Im all for helping a kid out.
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #35
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

A pack of underwear is what less than 50 cents a pair. Soap and water is what, a few cents. If these kids are that bad off, food is probably much more important that clothing.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #36
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
I know that there are lots of charities that do this type of thing but what I heard kept specifically mentioning AISD was providing the packs and the underware.and also mentioned the free lunch during summer and other stuff..
That said our taxing entities love to throw our money out the window by expanding gifts to the poor instead of making the poor accountable for what they already recieve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #37
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
I'm all for it. This is underwear and school supplies for kids, not something likely the parents are going to sell although most folks receiving it will not meet that stereotype anyway. School supply list can be a couple hundred dollars for mine. That's a lot of money to somebody scraping by. Yes you can say the parents should be able to provide for their kids but if they can't why not help them. I have no problemstelling an adult to work a little overtime if they need more money. This is a different situation though, we're talkin about underwear and school supplies that will help a kid getting an education. We fill backpacks every year and they go to kids that need it. Im all for helping a kid out.
Winner right here
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM   #38
jer_james
Pope & Young

I dont care how they get it - Hope the kids get what they need/few things that they want. Good luck to them going forward.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 12:11 PM   #39
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
Can we hear more about this? Asking for a friend
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #40
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

I am never suprised by this site anymore. I would be embarrassed if I was on the side worried about kids recieved free underwear. I am about as conservative as they come but I still have a heart. Original poster either needs listening comp skill or better news source. The underwear were donate free to the kids. Link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...-supplies/amp/
Take Dead Aim is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #41
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
I am never suprised by this site anymore. I would be embarrassed if I was on the side worried about kids recieved free underwear. I am about as conservative as they come but I still have a heart. Original poster either needs listening comp skill or better news source. The underwear were donate free to the kids. Link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...-supplies/amp/
Again^^^^^^^^ read

Apology accepted
Old 08-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #42
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

It took about 5 seconds for me to google the article and get to the bottom of the story. Before I posted a "rant" I would have done a little research and had my facts straight. Might want to find a better source of news or talk radio if they didnt give the full story. All that said I missed the "fine print" and accept your mistake as I have made many in my life. Let's all hug.
Take Dead Aim is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top