Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Bownanza > Bownanza 2011

Old 03-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #451
Ron
Pope & Young

Hunt In: USA, Concho County and S.E.Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I do corn and potatos with shrimp but not that often with crawfish. Don't wanna use up the stomach space...kinda like no sides with good BBQ(other than onions, cheese, japs, white bread)...just the meat.
From the looks of the leftovers, I think most TBHers agree on this^^^ I know I do.
Ron is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #452
slayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knox & Palo Pinto County

Those were the best bugs I've ever eaten, delicious!
slayer is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #453
Bowhica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
Those were the best bugs I've ever eaten, delicious!
If you thought these were good, I am going to blow your mind next year!! I will use Cajun Blaze with my personal recipe.

BTW, this batch at Nanza was tame. Needed more kick!!
Bowhica is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #454
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhica View Post
If you thought these were good, I am going to blow your mind next year!! I will use Cajun Blaze with my personal recipe.

That's only because you ate the wrong ones. Not as hot as last year bcause they didn't get to stay in the stashbox long enough....supply and demand.

You pitch washers...I make hot crawfish.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #455
Ron
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhica View Post

More kick sounds great, but they were still good.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #456
Miki
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba/ Van Zant,Kaufman countys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
THANK YOU Michael for the generous gift of deer meat

meat is iced down and will be put to good use

if you ever need more Blaze or Cajun seasonings, drop me a PM as you will be taken care of sir
You got it Brother I was worried about you getting ice on it by that night or next morning. Its was still frozen around 3 that day.

I will be spredding BLAZE word around the country.
Miki is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #457
cwbow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon County

Very good eatin. may need to team up with you Darrel next year for some team mudbug washers.
cwbow is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #458
Bowhica
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbow View Post
Very good eatin. may need to team up with you Darrel next year for some team mudbug washers.
Bring it, seeing how my partner hung me out to dry!!! One bad season and he turns tail!! It is so hard to find someone dedicated in this ADD filled world....

I refuse to point fingers but his initials are MANWITHAPLAN.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #459
Miki
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba/ Van Zant,Kaufman countys

Nice buck Darrel!
Miki is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #460
ryanblanch69
Nubbin' Buck

Default Where are the Mudbugs?

Looks like you guys have a good plan here. sounds like fun!!! But please they are not BAGS. Must be a Texas thing. LOL. It's a SACK of crawfish. LOL. Oh yea I didn't see anythig about BEER. LOL
ryanblanch69 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #461
Bowhica
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael David View Post
Nice buck Darrel!
Thanks. I cant figure out why the pic is getting fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanblanch69 View Post
Looks like you guys have a good plan here. sounds like fun!!! But please they are not BAGS. Must be a Texas thing. LOL. It's a SACK of crawfish. LOL. Oh yea I didn't see anythig about BEER. LOL
Where I come from its a sack of bugs, a hamper of crabs and a case of beer.
And amazingly enough, that is how I buy them most of the time!!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #462
Ron
Pope & Young

I don't know if they were sacks or bags, but they sure were good!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #463
Freebird11
Nubbin' Buck

If you are serious about fishing a crankbait depth account of the advantages of using a snap to attach the cable to the line. It gives you an advantage not only of being able to change quickly and without retying plugs every time, but also gives your bait to another turning point for greater recovery maneuver.
A common concern for people with a crankbait is going to hang. It will hang, so it is advisable to use heavy enough line to make sure that you will be able to get most of their lures loose. As I said the more you use a crank, the more you feel and the more often you "feel" their way through brush to recover.
Unless you have a friend in the factory you may have noticed that I have described the decoys are not free. So you may want to invest in buying a lure retriever. Will not take long for these jewels to pay for themselves in reducing lost baits. Most tackle shops have multiple versions or you can build a lead of a salt water and a couple of dog collar loose chains hanging from the head. These often ill hook the plug if the cord does not touch the bait loose in the fall. Either way, you are usually back in business.
Deep cranks are as versatile as most commonly used baits in shallow water. If you have not used as part of their arsenal then get at least one rod suitable for this type of fishing and set aside a point in every trip to gain confidence in the art. Note, that can grow on you as you realize the potential and versatility.
Freebird11 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #464
Todd-ty729
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion County and formerly Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird11 View Post
If you are serious about fishing a crankbait depth account of the advantages of using a snap to attach the cable to the line. It gives you an advantage not only of being able to change quickly and without retying plugs every time, but also gives your bait to another turning point for greater recovery maneuver.
A common concern for people with a crankbait is going to hang. It will hang, so it is advisable to use heavy enough line to make sure that you will be able to get most of their lures loose. As I said the more you use a crank, the more you feel and the more often you "feel" their way through brush to recover.
Unless you have a friend in the factory you may have noticed that I have described the decoys are not free. So you may want to invest in buying a lure retriever. Will not take long for these jewels to pay for themselves in reducing lost baits. Most tackle shops have multiple versions or you can build a lead of a salt water and a couple of dog collar loose chains hanging from the head. These often ill hook the plug if the cord does not touch the bait loose in the fall. Either way, you are usually back in business.
Deep cranks are as versatile as most commonly used baits in shallow water. If you have not used as part of their arsenal then get at least one rod suitable for this type of fishing and set aside a point in every trip to gain confidence in the art. Note, that can grow on you as you realize the potential and versatility.
Me no comprende!
Todd-ty729 is offline   Back To The Top