Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #751
cookemerkel
Ten Point

Default Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Does anybody even care if he comes back???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
All of the fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

In the history of bad takes, this is legendary.

It was a bad to begin with but Tiger just obliterated it.

Last edited by cookemerkel; 04-14-2019 at 07:54 PM.
cookemerkel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #752
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County

Quote:

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Oh snap. Heís baaaaaack!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #753
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
Just a thought. Did Jack face the same equivalent competition in his glory years?

Nope.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #754
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
Yes, he did. Every generation in every sport is bigger, stronger, and more technologically advanced. In Jackís day, the competition was equal to the competition that Tiger faces today. Donít use todayís competition to compare Tiger to Jack in his era. Same goes with every sport.
Wrong
TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #755
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
Just a thought. Did Jack face the same equivalent competition in his glory years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingfool View Post
haha not even close - these guys are bigger stronger and better than most anybody Jack faced - overall just more of them competing
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
I don't believe he did.
Quote:
Yes, he did. Every generation in every sport is bigger, stronger, and more technologically advanced. In Jackís day, the competition was equal to the competition that Tiger faces today. Donít use todayís competition to compare Tiger to Jack in his era. Same goes with every sport.
Jack's top 7 competitors won 40 majors and 250+ tournaments and are all in the HOF...that's just the Top 7. I have another theory if you'll indulge me. While Tiger's competitors are likely just as gifted, I don't think today's players have the same heart for a simple reason....the insane amount of money that the guy finishing second, fifth or twentieth wins. Guys back then battled each other for victories. Today, if you finish second, you still win a **** King's ransom.

Another argument for Jack being the GOAT is the fact that he not only did he win 18 Majors, but he finished 2nd in 19 other Majors....Woods finish second 6 times. Jack was TOP THREE in 48 Majors....Woods in 24.

I can't argue with anyone that thinks Woods is the GOAT, he's **** hard to critique, but I can sure plead a case for Jack.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #756
rocky
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
Wrong
So, Jack was a phenom in his era, and Tiger is just better than anyone that ever golfed.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #757
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Jack's top 7 competitors won 40 majors and 250+ tournaments and are all in the HOF...that's just the Top 7. I have another theory if you'll indulge me. While Tiger's competitors are likely just as gifted, I don't think today's players have the same heart for a simple reason....the insane amount of money that the guy finishing second, fifth or twentieth wins. Guys back then battled each other for victories. Today, if you finish second, you still win a **** King's ransom.

Another argument for Jack being the GOAT is the fact that he not only did he win 18 Majors, but he finished 2nd in 19 other Majors....Woods finish second 6 times. Jack was TOP THREE in 48 Majors....Woods in 24.

I can't argue with anyone that thinks Woods is the GOAT, he's **** hard to critique, but I can sure plead a case for Jack.
Top 3 in 48 major's..That is unreal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #758
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County

Quote:
So, Jack was a phenom in his era, and Tiger is just better than anyone that ever golfed.

Just my opinion of course but I ďthinkĒ (no research) that golf was an elitist sport in Jacks era and that has changed. The number of Europeans and Americans involved in the sport is way bigger than in Jacks era so I think the pool of competitors is much bigger now.

TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #759
cookemerkel
Ten Point

Quote:

That is a great stat no doubt. Golf is much more of a global game now that it was in Jacks day. I could be wrong but I donít think Jack has any WGC wins. Tiger has like 18 WGC wins. Which are arguably the best fields in all of golf. I think itís only top 60 or 70 in the world that are invited?

cookemerkel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:42 PM   #760
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Debate between jack and tiger aside, I truly feel like if Tiger stays healthy, he will get one more in Augusta before he is done. His in depth knowledge of those fairways and greens is above 98% of the field.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:52 PM   #761
rocky
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
Just my opinion of course but I ďthinkĒ (no research) that golf was an elitist sport in Jacks era and that has changed. The number of Europeans and Americans involved in the sport is way bigger than in Jacks era so I think the pool of competitors is much bigger now.

Please donít get me wrong, I think Tiger is as good as there is. But in Jackís day, all available technology was used by all the golfers, just as it is today. The pool of golfers may not have been as large, but in that day and time, it was as large as it could be. Jack beat all those guys, just like Tiger beats the guys today. Tiger simply has a few more Majors to win to reach the same level of success that Jack did.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #762
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

Tiger just made golf interesting again.
Shinesintx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 09:20 PM   #763
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Please donít get me wrong, I think Tiger is as good as there is. But in Jackís day, all available technology was used by all the golfers, just as it is today. The pool of golfers may not have been as large, but in that day and time, it was as large as it could be. Jack beat all those guys, just like Tiger beats the guys today. Tiger simply has a few more Majors to win to reach the same level of success that Jack did.
Jack is the goat and Tiger is a very close second
It's that simple. Tiger may or may not be the goat in the next few years.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #764
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterspike View Post
why should anyone care? the dude is done done done crispy crunchy toasted done.

next time, wait till he was actually won a major before bumping.

I think this is my favorite.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:29 PM   #765
bowmansdad
Pope & Young

All the youngsters got to see how it is when Tiger is in the hunt. He bided his time and they all choked, congratulations to Tiger on a great win!
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #766
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmansdad View Post
All the youngsters got to see how it is when Tiger is in the hunt. He bided his time and they all choked, congratulations to Tiger on a great win!

Yep, it had a very different feel than Tiger majors of old. Not the cold blooded assasin look like he used to bring on Sunday, but still awesome.

But Molinari looked scared to death over every shot after 12.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 PM   #767
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

It's defenitly good to see Tiger once again succeed. This coming from a sports fan and not from a golf fan. Been years since I watched any golf. Well, I watched Tiger win today!

Additionally, it's good to see someone that fell so far from the top, fight so hard to be backed on top. Good to see him celebrating with his family. And yes, I know he made some serious mistakes, but I won't be one casting stones as I have made mistakes as well.

If he remains healthy, he will brake Jack's record in the next three years. By the end of 2022 he will be holding number 19 if it even takes that long...
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:02 PM   #768
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Oops...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:02 PM   #769
bowmansdad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yep, it had a very different feel than Tiger majors of old. Not the cold blooded assasin look like he used to bring on Sunday, but still awesome.

I canít believe Koepka missed on 17 and 18, just showed the Tiger mojo was back! My wife commented that this was a different Tiger also, much more mature and letting the others make the mistakes.
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #770
dagdog
Six Point

Hunt In: Haskell county

I am happy to see him win. For no other reason than all the posts it has generated.
dagdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:21 PM   #771
Chuy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Falfurrias

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...tiger-2008-win
Chuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:22 PM   #772
buzzbait
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado, Lavaca, Blanco, Gillispie and Fayette

Crow taste pretty good now?
buzzbait is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:29 PM   #773
PYBUCK
Ten Point

Hunt In: Upton County

Tiger is appreciative of other golfers and fan now that he has been in the gutter. Jack didn't win any WGC because they didn't have them in his day. Both are great and good for golf. Before Jack was the GOAT it was Arnie. Before him Hogan. Before him Jones. No way to argue Jack Vs Tiger. They are both the Greatest if THEIR time.

Congrats to Tiger on his win. Even the young guns were there to greet him coming off of the course.
PYBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 11:00 PM   #774
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Coleman, OK

What are Tiger haters going to latch onto next? That he will never win another major by more than 1 stroke?

Way to go Tiger. That was fun to watch.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 11:03 PM   #775
bmac
Ten Point

Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD

Congrats to Tiger, just shows that if you try hard enough you can always get back to the top.

bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #776
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:

This is so true Dale. Tiger stalked and waited in the grass 2/3s of the day. When the stumble happened, he pounced and knew how to remain calm and keep them at bay. He kept his composure and threw a couple darts to show them youngsters that I ainít scared. You want it, come get it! I think that shot on 16 took the wind out of everyoneís sails. It was great golf all around today imo. Tiger showed his ďnewĒ side today. Being appreciative and truly happen to win. Not just like, oh another trophy for the closet feel.
Canít wait for the next tournament! Expectations will be crazy. We will see then what tiger is made of.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 11:23 PM   #777
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:

This is spot on as we had this conversation today. We love watching Tiger come back and win a major but Jack is still the goat for the exact reasons listed above! But ****...it was a fun morning of golf!!!!!
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 11:30 PM   #778
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinesintx View Post
Tiger just made golf interesting again.
Yep,and the U.S.Open is at Pebble Beach this year.I remember him beating the heck outta the field there several years ago.Could be a fun year for t.v.golf again,finally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 11:57 PM   #779
Starman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
I will say that I'm very pleased Tiger stayed steady and won. He's been very close several times this year and gotten better and more solid in various aspects -- notably driving accuracy and putting.

He tweaked his equipment, getting the right shaft and loft in his driver -- leading to more fairways off the tee, for instance. As close as he was at the PGA with ZERO fairways on the front nine of the final round, imagine if he had figured out his driver set-up a month earlier: might have added another major there. He switched back to his old faithful putter and one-putted like it was going out of style. And don't forget that he was leading on the back nine of the British Open's final round.

This latest win just brought everything together for him. Could be a real renaissance ahead. It could be compelling drama to see a new generation of pro golfers learn what it means to compete against, possibly, the greatest golfer who has ever lived. For many, Tiger was their golfing inspiration and idol in an almost mythological sense. Now, they're finding out that he is not just a figurehead but an opponent beyond compare. He is certainly one of the fiercest competitors there has ever been in any sport.
Now, THIS is an example of a post that has aged well. Spot on.
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 12:33 AM   #780
Lawhorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: S.Texas

Quote:

15 time Major Champion. Looks like 18 is now within reach. Won some small tournament they host in Augusta, Georgia every year. Pretty good for a washed up has been.

Lawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 12:59 AM   #781
longhorn_cop
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tx panhandle, Mex.

Ouch, OP didnt end so well.
longhorn_cop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #782
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
Now, THIS is an example of a post that has aged well. Spot on.
Thanks for noticing.

Regular prophet, huh?
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 05:25 AM   #783
HighwayHunter
Ten Point

This didnít age well

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 05:29 AM   #784
mzurovec
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet

I can't wait to hear what Stephen A. and all the other pundits calling for his retirement are going to say today. I'm not sure he ever wins another major, but I don't think he cares that much anymore. This was one hell of an exclamation mark!
mzurovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 05:35 AM   #785
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Congrats to Tiger
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 05:42 AM   #786
bauce302
Four Point

Wont even sniff another masters, ooooops
bauce302 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #787
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Admittedly I used to pull for him to fail. I pulled hard for him to succeed this weekend and will going forward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #788
Arrowflinger84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Spikezilla

My son is 11yrs old and has been interested in playing golf a little over the years and listens to me talk about who wins from time to time. But he is now has experienced the Dallas Mavericks win, The Texas Rangers go the the World Series 2x and Tiger woods win another major. When I told him Tiger just took the share of the lead he was interested in going to watch because he knows how big of a deal it is for a guy that old going against all that young talent. There were 2 aces on the same hole yesterday......the competition is stiff but I have heard more about golf in the past 3 months than the past 3 years because Tiger has finally got his act together for this past week. If social media had been around 50 years ago you would have heard more garbage about sports and other icons that would have tainted your opinion on those people. Having Tiger back is good for golf! If you dont like golf why did you click on this thread??? lol
Arrowflinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #789
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

That was awesome to watch!!
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #790
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a camo banana hammock.

My 8 year old loves to golf, but he's never been all that interested in watching. We saw Tiger's last 4 holes while at lunch yesterday after church. I really can't say that I've ever seen him that excited about any televised event.

When we got home, he insisted that we sit and zip through Tiger's entire round on the DVR, which I obliged. At 4:00, we were in the back hitting wedges at buckets to win the Masters.

To say that Tiger is anything other than great for the game is either (1) disingenuous or (2) ignorant.
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #791
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie, Kimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
My 8 year old loves to golf, but he's never been all that interested in watching. We saw Tiger's last 4 holes while at lunch yesterday after church. I really can't say that I've ever seen him that excited about any televised event.

When we got home, he insisted that we sit and zip through Tiger's entire round on the DVR, which I obliged. At 4:00, we were in the back hitting wedges at buckets to win the Masters.

To say that Tiger is anything other than great for the game is either (1) disingenuous or (2) ignorant.

Now thatís awesome!

Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #792
MagicBlade
Ten Point

Hunt In: Archer County Texas

Quote:
I'm glad he's back! He makes golf more interesting, especially when he's at the top!
MagicBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #793
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Just read with yesterday’s 2.07mill winnings he has recorded $118,307,000.00 in winnings throughout his career.

Insane.
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #794
Cardinal
Six Point

Hunt In: Henderson Co./Anderson Co.

My favorite sports memories watching live on TV...

1.) Tiger at 16 in '05
2.) Tiger at 16 in '19
3.) Feliz striking out A-Rod in the 2010 ALCS

Glad he's back...pretty good article on ESPN that I think someone posted above about how different he is as a man now, signing autographs and talking to kids and fans, etc. Hoping we'll get to see this for years to come
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #795
LWC
Ten Point

I used to pull against Tiger, but now pull for him. It is a lot better for the game with him involved. No question about it
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #796
TxSon1836
Eight Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public

Congrats TIGER! a 5th Master win! but I guess that doesn't qualify as great lol
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #797
Marco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale, Texas

Awesome to see his return. Question? If it were Spieth or anyone else for that matter would you be tired of their name being spoken of all the time as well?
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #798
Codie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young,Throckmorton & Shackleford counties

Johnny Miller is OFF the air and Tiger is puting himself back in the hunt on the weekends

Golf is GREAT again!!!
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #799
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Awesome to see his return. Question? If it were Spieth or anyone else for that matter would you be tired of their name being spoken of all the time as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
Johnny Miller is OFF the air and Tiger is puting himself back in the hunt on the weekends

Golf is GREAT again!!!
Is Jordan done? For the record Iím a fan.

Miller needed to be done.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #800
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Hunt In: Henderson/Wise County

Tiger is golf, I literally stood in my living room giving him a standing ovation for 5 minuets crying like a baby lol, his course management is awesome to watch, and the focus in his eyes is something ill never forget...he motivated me very much as a young golfer, I became a better golfer because of him....what a day for golf
ghostgoblin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top