No announcement yet.

Tall cattle panel blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swamp Rabbit, always keep in the back of your mind : ease of setup, how many fasteners, what tools to put up, when disassembled how am I gonna tote it, where is it gonna go , and how hard will it be to get all this crap back there Just some things to keep in mind. I am by myself on my place, and was able to carry mine flat on a 5x8 trailer pulled behind my 4 wheeler, with all my tools etc. in front basket. God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      I decided to spend $8 and try a wooden framed roof. So far I like it. The plan is to wrap and then brush it in. This is my backyard prototype so far.

Next I will frame in the 42" entrance.
      Your neighbors probably think you are building a gazebo!

Bisch

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
          Swamp Rabbit, always keep in the back of your mind : ease of setup, how many fasteners, what tools to put up, when disassembled how am I gonna tote it, where is it gonna go , and how hard will it be to get all this crap back there Just some things to keep in mind. I am by myself on my place, and was able to carry mine flat on a 5x8 trailer pulled behind my 4 wheeler, with all my tools etc. in front basket. God Bless, Rusty
          Yep... another great tip. That is why I am prototyping at the house. The thing I didn't like about the framing is that in order to be light/cheap, I couldn't use wood that I could use screws. I have a bunch of cordless tools, but the nailer can only be used at camp. Going to try the pvc hub roof next.

The door can be preassembled.

Comment

The main thing I would be concerned with with your wood frame roof would be the thing warping all to heck in a not very long time. Also, the pitch is a straight angle which robs you of space for your top bow limb. The PVC roof frame make a dome that has a lot more space inside.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              The main thing I would be concerned with with your wood frame roof would be the thing warping all to heck in a not very long time. Also, the pitch is a straight angle which robs you of space for your top bow limb. The PVC roof frame make a dome that has a lot more space inside.

Bisch
              I have made roofs out of panel by bending it into a dome shape because I had it but the PVC is lighter and cheaper.

Comment

Not cattle panel exactly but works well

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
                  I was concerned to, but so far it has not been an issue. I have 1 foot clearance and the bow is pretty much always in the center.

The reason I am liking the flat pitch is I am thinking I will be able to lay cedar clippings on it easier than a dome structure.

Of course an extra foot of fence height would render the height issue moot.

Decisions decisions decisions.

Keep the tips/comments coming.

(Just thought of a better way to do the wood rafters without nailing or screws)

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=476527

Not cattle panel exactly but works well
                    Very good work, Bob! I like that too.

Bisch

Comment

Another thing is it is waaaay better to be as far back from the windows as possible. By doing that you will be in the darkest part of the blind, away from what little light is comin in the windows. This is why I like the diamond shape, cuz I'm at the back corner. Not sayin "my way is the best" , just something I've found that works good to keep you hid. And, im sayin ALL of this cuz if you set up in the center, you may or may not be as hidden as you were wanting to be. Just another thought. God Bless, Rusty.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                        Another thing is it is waaaay better to be as far back from the windows as possible. By doing that you will be in the darkest part of the blind, away from what little light is comin in the windows. This is why I like the diamond shape, cuz I'm at the back corner. Not sayin "my way is the best" , just something I've found that works good to keep you hid. And, im sayin ALL of this cuz if you set up in the center, you may or may not be as hidden as you were wanting to be. Just another thought. God Bless, Rusty.
                        Another great tip!

I'll share some things I have learned from the stick build so far.

1) I don't need big openings. 3 small skinny slits along the curve of the front of the blind are pretty much all I should need for coverage. Less light = good.

2) I have a 28" draw. The blind in of itself is 70" in diameter. If I sit in the back of the circle (that is, at the door) then when I draw, allowing for the length of my drawing forearm and just enough room that I don't hit the wall/door with my elbow. My bow pretty much hovers around the middle of the blind, while my body has me in the back most part of the blind.

Comment

I buy moving blankets from Harbor Freight. They are cheap.

I lay one on the ground, I shoot from my knees. I hang another behind me to cover the light that shines around the door frame

Comment

Here is some pics of spidermonkey's blinds!

Click image for larger version

Name:	blind1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	24395140

Name:	Blind2.JPG
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	24395141

Name:	blind3.JPG
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	24395142

Name:	blind4.JPG
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	24395143

Good work, Rusty!

Bisch

Comment

Nice Camo/brush in job

Comment

Thanks for bailin me out Bisch! By the way, those dates aren't right, took those with my little digital camera in Feb 2015. Was down there today shredding/gettin things ready, meant to get some pics of the interior, didn't happen Oh well, would have had to email them to Bisch and get him to post em anyway ! God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                                X