Flood exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood exotics

Hate to see all the flooding in and around the hill country, but was thinking about all the fencing that will be down due to the flooding. Lots of high fenced animals are now going to be free range.

not to mention a lot of ranchers including some folks on TBH will lose a lot of hard earned resources and money when those exotics become "free ranging" as you call it.

not a good outcome

Comment

Lemonade!

Comment

Yep going to be an interesting season and couple years for some people who have places around downed fences. Not to mention some of the whitetail that prob got out as well.

Comment

I'd love to have a bunch of exotics running around my area outside a HF.

Comment

Yep somebody will get lucky and get some free animals! Feel sorry for the ones that lose them !

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
              not to mention a lot of ranchers including some folks on TBH will lose a lot of hard earned resources and money when those exotics become "free ranging" as you call it.

not a good outcome
              Wasnt trying to be crass or unsympathetic to any of the landowners losses. It just kinda popped in my mind when I was thinking/ reading about all the flooding.

Comment

BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.

Comment

tag? what tag?

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                    tag? what tag?
                    Thought that was a price tag!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
                      Hmmm, Didn’t know this.

Comment

Lol...That aint gonna fly...

Comment

Just how many attempts are "several"?

Comment

Well, I'm not saying people wouldn't just remove tag and SSS. But hopefully after posting this a few people know not to take their LDP until having done so.

Comment

BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner....
                              Can someone elaborate on this? t y

Comment

Working...
                              X