No announcement yet.

School me on law please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang not sure what happened there !!! For some reason it repeated every sentence twice? Hmmm

Comment

If you own the 42 ac you should contact the city and see if they might want to buy you out for about 500k per ac.......Austin loves spending money on land.

Comment

Originally posted by Ynotdrum View Post
        Dang not sure what happened there !!! For some reason it repeated every sentence twice? Hmmm
        Just keeping Austin weird I guess. Good Luck and good shooting.

Comment

So ….. do you live inside the "CITY LIMITS" or do you live inside of an "ETJ" ? Big difference on how the COA manages it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
            If it’s city property, then I’m going on it to retrieve my deer...because I pay property taxes, I have a right to enter a property that I am paying for. It’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission...and what they don’t know won’t hurt them.
            That’s a thought, I suppose, but a bad one. City of Austin will prosecute. I know this because I’ve had to arrest folks for riding bikes on their property.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
              That’s a thought, I suppose, but a bad one. City of Austin will prosecute. I know this because I’ve had to arrest folks for riding bikes on their property.
              That's exactly what the game warden told me that he basically is under instructions to arrest anyone who trespassers on the property no matter what your reasons. I am imagine managing that type of property in the middle of Austin they have seen it and heard it all and have decided they just can't figure out what's the truth or not so screw it arrest everybody. I mean it kind of works because I know I won't be crossing that property line no matter what!!

Comment

I would never trespass on privately owned property but in this situation I would probably be tempted to if needed. I would do everything I could to avoid the need-hunt far from the fence and only take easy shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot them across the fence. Then when they jump the fence they will be on your land!!!

Joking.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                    Do it in the dark, dressed in all black

If it was a neighbors property, I wouldn’t do it without their permission...but the city? I’d be very sneaky. I know it’s not right, but neither is letting an animal waste. Definitely a catch 22.

Comment

I would look into high fencing that boundary.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                        Thought the same, but wondered how many deer cross there.

Comment

The neighbor being a municipality does complicate things.

However, in the strange situation that you didn’t have a relationship with your neighbor, and they didn’t allow you to go get a deer that got across the line, THEY should be charged with waste. That is just asinine.

I wouldn’t think twice about crossing a fence while blood trailing in my wildest dreams.

Comment

That's probably where all the deer live since there is no pressure there. High fence-no deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              Thought the same, but wondered how many deer cross there.
                              Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              That's probably where all the deer live since there is no pressure there. High fence-no deer.
                              Well heck, put up the high fence and one of those one way gates that would allow the deer to come through but not cross back through... best of both worlds right there... feed heavy just on your side of the fence...

Was a thread on here about a high fence ranch operation doing that to draw deer off a TBH'er's place... It must work, or they wouldn't do it...

Comment

Yep, this has been a constant issue... can’t cross and recover if they say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X