On demand water heater at Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have on demand water heater at the ranch and do you have any problems with them? It would be on a well and the water is a little hard. Really wouldn’t get a ton of use but with the tanked heaters we get really bad smelling water from it sitting in there and the water heater is not real accessible due to it being under the cabin so draining it is a job for me to get under there. There is no storage tank on the well so we can’t really treat it like I have done in the past with an Aerator or some pool shock.

Love my tankless at camp. No matter how many back to back showers no one ever has to wait on hot water

Comment

The back bathroom in our house has a 110v tankless and it works like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We use a propane on demand run straight off the well at our place. It’s awesome. Not sure you can use it in a fully enclosed room though.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
          We use a propane on demand run straight off the well at our place. It’s awesome. Not sure you can use it in a fully enclosed room though.

This is why I went electric. Gas is more efficient but my electric that feeds the whole camp is tucked under the bathroom vanity.

Comment

hard water will corrode things up faster than soft water. one would expect the tankless heater in that type environment to have a shorter life than normal. so put one in so that you can take it in and out easily

Comment

thanks for the info, i think we'll have to give it a try. Anything is better than someone turning the hot water on and it smelling like a 1000 farts

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                hard water will corrode things up faster than soft water. one would expect the tankless heater in that type environment to have a shorter life than normal. so put one in so that you can take it in and out easily

We have hard water at home that causes build up. To solve this when flow gets reduced I circulate vinegar three my water heater with a pump. Plumbing supply places have kits to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                  thanks for the info, i think we'll have to give it a try. Anything is better than someone turning the hot water on and it smelling like a 1000 farts
                  I don't think that will change unless you can install a chlorinator.

Comment

Tankless

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                      I don't think that will change unless you can install a chlorinator.

I think the smell is coming from the existing tank heater. Water sits in there for long periods with no use.

Comment

I have 2 of the eco smart electrics running our whole camp. One small one in the skinning shed that is going on 2-3 years old and I just installed a big eco smart in the cabin when we added on. Nice having plenty of hot water.

Last edited by Stolle; 04-27-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

We have a propane one for our shower at the camp, I think we picked it up for $100 on amazon

Comment

Working...
                          X