FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushbotton2.

You won't see that big change till you break that 500 gn mark. And the ke won't change a lot but the momentum will keep going up. I've tested this up to 1080 gn arrow.

There Is a guy on archery talk. That has tested this up to 1500 gn I'll see if I can find that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      Then wouldn't that mean there are two different gross weights? Surely the different vanes with the same weight won't affect FOC will it?
      Yes something is off just a bit.

Comment

Ok go to archery report. Find the articles on momentum and ke. Lots of good info and charts.

Comment

Yes the GW is gross weight.
          The 452 number is my heaviest arrow. The lightest was 449 in the XT. I forgot my arrows in the truck last night. I have the weight if each write on a vane

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            you know thinking about this again you might want to consider taking a turn out of that bow and ditching the 100's for 125's, just an option.

Thx, ill ck into it

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Pushbotton2.

You won't see that big change till you break that 500 gn mark. And the ke won't change a lot but the momentum will keep going up. I've tested this up to 1080 gn arrow.

There Is a guy on archery talk. That has tested this up to 1500 gn I'll see if I can find that.
              Thats like 3+X heavier than mine! I'm not sure my bow would even shoot that arrow.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                Thats like 3+X heavier than mine! I'm not sure my bow would even shoot that arrow.....
                You need to do at least once. You will be amassed at how much energy a bow will put into that arrow.

My 1080 gn still shot 187. Fps. I did think I could run down there and catch it

Comment

Is the only penalty for overspining additional gross weight and therefore lower velocity?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                    You need to do at least once. You will be amassed at how much energy a bow will put into that arrow.

My 1080 gn still shot 187. Fps. I did think I could run down there and catch it
                    Holy crap. Siri is not helping with spelling at all. She needs to fix my grammar to

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Is the only penalty for overspining additional gross weight and therefore lower velocity?
                      If you have a short draw length and have your bow turned down below about 50 lbs. then you may be able to get so much spine that it's affecting your arrow flight... But I think that the answer is generally "yes"

Comment

FOC increase

El General
                        There's this chart

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416834666.541590.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	24347206

We use it when we walk back tune our bows. It shows a stiff spine reaction.

Comment

So.
                          I think I'd like to build 1 - 1000+ grain arrow. Just because :-)
                          Is it possible?
                          Can you all give me some recommendations?
                          I'd like 20%+ FOC as well :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            So.
                            I think I'd like to build 1 - 1000+ grain arrow. Just because :-)
                            Is it possible?
                            Can you all give me some recommendations?
                            I'd like 20%+ FOC as well :-)
                            A 32" Grizzly Stick Momentum U-FOC 175 with a 100 grain insert and a 315 grain point/head should weigh in at around 1100 grains and the FOC should be over 20%.

Comment

Grizzly stick? Is that an arrow?

Comment

Yes go to alaskabowhunting.com

Comment

Working...
                                X