Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    You're misinformed.

It wasn't a lease. He had permission to hunt in somebody's backyard. That back yard backed up to about 100 acres of uninhabited land. His stand was on that uninhabited land, not in the back yard where he had permission. That stand was found by the person that the landowner appointed to take care of the place. Notes were left on that stand telling him to remove them in years prior. Those notes were ignored.

Even if you leave out the fact that he shot it at night, every shot he took was still illegal.
    That does change things I thought when reading the report he had A tract of land he was hunting not a back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
      I find it entertaining that there are still those on here, who keep trying to “defend” his actions as a repeat poacher ,who was caught red-handed, admitted, and it’s documented in black and white! SMH
      Some will defend a poacher but burn a fella if he dont hire a dog to find a wounded deer.

Comment

I have a buddy that is (or at least was) a poacher. He grew up with his father teaching him to poach and it was just kinda something he did. Like some people grow up around cock fighting or dog fighting. He's actually a great guy, and the reason I wrote (or at least was) above is because I don't think he does it anymore and hasn't for awhile as he has plenty of land to hunt legally these days.

I have never knowingly* poached, but I consider him a close friend.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          The land where he killed it has since sold. I know the guy that bought it is a hunter because he bought a dove hunt at a benefit auction we had for my cousin earlier this year.
          If I bought that land, I would high fence the side by the subdivision.

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
            I find it entertaining that there are still those on here, who keep trying to “defend” his actions as a repeat poacher ,who was caught red-handed, admitted, and it’s documented in black and white! SMH
            Who in this thread is defending him?

Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Who in this thread is defending him?

Maybe I missed something.
              Read a few of the posts prior-

One prime example;

“There are some circumstances here that is not like he cut somebodys high fence went in and shot this deer ,it was on land he had permission to hunt and the other track of land is owned by people from Sweden that have probably never even seen the land ,as far as I can tell he hit the buck the first time legally on his lease”

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                I wouldn't go that far. Friends that stand by you when you make a mistake are hard to find. My hats off to his friends.

I too did not know the end of the story. I heard speculation, but nothing official.

Wonder if he hunted this season? What are his plans next season?
                All I was saying was that a couple of the people that are thought of as great hunters and were the first ones to defend him and bash others for even entertaining that the idea was true, hang out and hunt with known outlaws. When you’re hanging with and publically defending known poachers it makes ya wonder what kind of hunting they’re doing

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                  That does change things I thought when reading the report he had A tract of land he was hunting not a back yard.
                  It may be a little more than a yard, but it is in a subdivision. These aren't stupid city deer. The sub division just happens to be between 2 large areas of no legal deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    His momma will be along to tell yall what a good boy he is.
                    But he’s a really good guy!

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                      I have a buddy that is (or at least was) a poacher. He grew up with his father teaching him to poach and it was just kinda something he did. Like some people grow up around cock fighting or dog fighting. He's actually a great guy, and the reason I wrote (or at least was) above is because I don't think he does it anymore and hasn't for awhile as he has plenty of land to hunt legally these days.

I have never knowingly* poached, but I consider him a close friend.
                      Be careful...you'll be labeled a poacher for being his friend by some folks, and probably be kicked around for the next 10 years by all of the water walkers around here

Comment

Originally posted by cabezablanca View Post
                        278” will make a good man go bad quick!
                        no joke!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson
                          There's a guy on here who's a felon (conviction directly related to hunting/fishing) and people worship the ground he walks on. It's amazing.
                          It is.

Comment

I think anyone who thinks its cool to make your diesel truck blow large clouds of black smoke...is a poacher kind of guy..

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                              Well when it all started I came down against him pretty hard. Lots of good people here defended him because they knew him.....here is the rub.....I have some very good friends that live in that area. They also knew him and his parents really well. They all had no doubt he had done it. I was not mad at anyone for defending him but it did get a little old that no one elses opinion carried any merit. I think that is why people keep bringing it back up. Whether intentional or not it seems that the inner circle of TBH were dismissing everyone elses information. In the long run it is all good....with the exception that he got off way too easy. He has been a poacher for a very long time. They did not catch him on it all. I know the authorities did not want him to loose his plumbing license and I am not sure how I feel about that. I understand they did not want to take away his livelihood but I guess I am old school. Once you decide to be a thief ( and that is what you are when you poach deer in my opinion ) then you are signing up for whatever comes your way.

JMHO.

-john
                              Hmmm, very interesting comment.

We got an over/under when this thread gets whacked?

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                                Does the neighbor have grounds for a civil suit on top of this state case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                That my man is a very good question.

Comment

Working...
                                X