First smoke on the BGE and first brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First smoke on the BGE and first brisket

Picked up (pretty much stole) a BGE last weekend and decide that I would try a brisket for Father’s Day

Found a nice 10.5# one and rubbed her down

Fired up the egg and got it settled in around 240, little hotter than where I would like but not bad

Sitting here on the back porch enjoying the morning b

Nice I love my egg. I’m for the final product.

Comment

Awesome!! Wait until you do your Thanksgiving turkey! Had mine 14 years and still love it. Congrats on a good deal.

Comment

My wife tells everyone it’s the best gift she ever got got herself (me)

Comment

Now that man knows how to rub up a brisket! Full coverage!..

Comment

If you haven't seen them, they make fans with a built in thermostat. Bolt right on to the egg vent. Avoid temptation to peek!

Comment

Looks good. Care to share your rub?

Comment

IN for the results...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Looks good. Care to share your rub?
                  Think I paid $10 for the recipe from smoking meats forum, included sauce recipe and a second rub recipe
                  Guy makes a living off of selling, don't figure I should share it

Brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder, paprika, and kosher salt are in it though

Everyone I have served it to likes it, $10 well spent

Comment

I'll be over around 6 Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      If you haven't seen them, they make fans with a built in thermostat. Bolt right on to the egg vent. Avoid temptation to peek!
                      Really. Will check it out.

Mine is sitting at 400 this morning. Doing a burn out run before dinner tonight. Going with problano pepper, corn on the cob, and portabelo mushrooms for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Really. Will check it out.

Mine is sitting at 400 this morning. Doing a burn out run before dinner tonight. Going with problano pepper, corn on the cob, and portabelo mushrooms for dinner.
                        Pricey but so is the egg!

Comment

Say that and the eggcelerator.
                          I start the pit with a high heat gun then switch to cool air and shove it in the bottom vent. Guess that will work about the same...............

Comment

Care to share his name
                            QUOTE=BTLowry;13432851]Think I paid $10 for the recipe from smoking meats forum, included sauce recipe and a second rub recipe
                            Guy makes a living off of selling, don't figure I should share it

Brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder, paprika, and kosher salt are in it though

Everyone I have served it to likes it, $10 well spent[/QUOTE]

Comment

I’ve been debating between a kamado style or pellet grill. Can’t wait to see results on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X