Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a gesture!!

Looking forward to seeing results from this season!

Comment

If the offer still stands in 2016, Sign me up! I told my wife that I wanted to go on my dream hunt, archery elk, for my 30th birthday present.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroke View Post
        If the offer still stands in 2016, Sign me up! I told my wife that I wanted to go on my dream hunt, archery elk, for my 30th birthday present.
        Sent you a pm.

Hoping I am able to find some more critters. Heading up today after work so I may have service and can post some pics while up there.

Comment

Well I am off for a couple days. I'll report when I get back. Went and bought a new camera so hopefully I see some critters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
            I'll be there Oct. 18-25th, I have an Elk and Mule tag.
            Hunter Dan and I will be going together. Zone 75 north of Montpilier. South east corner of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent08 View Post
              Hunter Dan and I will be going together. Zone 75 north of Montpilier. South east corner of the state.

Along with the other 2,000 others. That area gets hit hard with hunters. Buy a mountain lion tag too while your there. Lots of cats.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                  Along with the other 2,000 others. That area gets hit hard with hunters. Buy a mountain lion tag too while your there. Lots of cats.
                  I may do that. Have gone to that area several times and have seen great bucks and huge bulls. Had a 450+ bull at 100 yds with no elk tag. Won't make that mistake this year. We're going weekend to weekend, should have the locals back at work during the week days. Also were going deep in the hills away from the quarry. Shouldn't be many people higher up.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                    wow what part of Idaho will you be hunting ? I own some acreage in Orofino ID.
                    Hunted out of Orofino for five or six years straight around 25 years ago. We hunted Whitetails and Elk, part of the time around DeVorshak (sp) reservoir and then east of town.

Comment

Believe it or not but I got service. Been watching a herd or 20+ for the last 2 hours. Then spotted a bunch more about 8 ridges away.

Comment

Believe it or not but I got service. Been watching a herd or 20+ for the last 2 hours. Then spotted a bunch more about 8 ridges away.
                        Now that is very kewl! How high up are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Now that is very kewl! How high up are you?
                          Not really sure but I am thinking about 6,000 feet. I went to another area and saw 17+ elk all cows and calves. then saw two small bucks and a bunch of does. They were all down low. Heading back today though as I got some stuff to get taken care of. I will try and post some pics tonight when I get home.

Comment

Not really sure but I am thinking about 6,000 feet. I went to another area and saw 17+ elk all cows and calves. then saw two small bucks and a bunch of does. They were all down low. Heading back today though as I got some stuff to get taken care of. I will try and post some pics tonight when I get home.
                            Awesomeness!!!

Comment

I got some decent photos so I will share them here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                                Hunted out of Orofino for five or six years straight around 25 years ago. We hunted Whitetails and Elk, part of the time around DeVorshak (sp) reservoir and then east of town.

Dworshak Reservoir. I grew up in Orofino and will be visiting in Lewiston mid Sept. I was planning on hunting 10A, but have since found out my Dad is fighting cancer, so not sure if I will be able to get in the woods.

Comment

Working...
                                X