Quartering shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    The bucket was just something I had at hand, this afternoon I was sitting in a fold up lawn chair. Does not really matter what I am sitting on, my intentions are to adapt and be accurate.
    To practice for Africa.... your shots will be standing most of the time from a pit blind. It is a strange perspective as you are shooting up at the animals.

Get a big piece of card board and cut a 12” tall by 6” wide window in it and practice shooting through it from far enough back you can draw your bow without sticking your arrow out of the window. Maybe 4’ out between you and the cardboard
    Last edited by Buff; 06-17-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

It's funny I had slight issue with this as well in the end it was just me practice practice practice was my fix

Comment

Good shooting and beautiful backyard you have there Sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          To practice for Africa.... your shots will be standing most of the time from a pit blind. It is a strange perspective as you are shooting up at the animals.

Get a big piece of card board and cut a 12” tall by 6” wide window in it and practice shooting through it from far enough back you can draw your bow without sticking your arrow out of the window. Maybe 4’ out between you and the target
          Will do, thanks.

Comment

Radar.....all my hunting is sitting down....all my practice shooting is sitting down. All I can suggest in addition to FND is practice practice practice at it. .

Comment

Radar, pick you up one of those Cabelas 360 blind chairs. Very quiet, smooth, and comfortable. I think you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Good shooting and beautiful backyard you have there Sir!!
                Thanks, my targets are set up in front of a corn feeder Lol. I dont hunt the house deer, they are just to look at.

Been real dry here and I got a bumper crop of grass burs coming on.

Comment

Yard ornaments just showing up.
                  Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

make sure you sit up straight and don't tilt your head just to make the sight picture align.

Comment

Never shoot quartering to
                      Only away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

try tightening your core muscles a lil to stabilize your upper body

Comment

Glad you’ve got it worked out. My wife actually had the opposite happening to her. We practice trying to imitate exactly how we hunt so she always shot sitting down. Then one day we were at a friends house shooting(standing) and her grouping was all over the place. Got her a chair and she closed it right back up.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                            Never shoot quartering to
                            Only away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I’ve been testing this out on pigs the last couple years and have taken a few quartering to shots. Been 100% so far with some pretty nasty damage when it hits the back side shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                            X