Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only YOU can stop a coon!

Comment

They absolutely work! I'm putting out two more feeders this week and needed the Slinky's for the feeder legs. Both of these feeders are barrel feeders without varmit cages. The Slinky's have worked for a year with this set up.

Comment

Well my slinkies were working well, until the coons figured them out.

Free candy is a hell of a motivator.
        Found this yesterday-

Looks like this drum will be going back with a full circumference cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Found this yesterday-

That looks like a WGI unit the door probably just rattled off of that thing and the battery rattled out !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            That looks like a WGI unit the door probably just rattled off of that thing and the battery rattled out !!
            Lol🤣

Comment

I’ve tried everything to no avail. I finally put a 3 strand hot wire on my feeder pen and have not had a Coon on the feeder since. This thing is kicking out 7000 volts on the opposite side of the pen from the solar unit. Best $200 I’ve ever spent. I have actually had to up my feed duration to 10secs because the corn was staying to long in the feeder.

Comment

I just put "Slinky" together. Got a couple bandits robbing my protein feeder, so gonna try to thin them out next weekend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	coon getter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	24546300

Comment

Found this yesterday-

I think the bolt you have poking through the feeder legs restricted the Slinky's effect. It clearly got hung on it and gave the Coon something else to climb on. You can see it's stretched out below the bolt. Mine are attached at the very top of the feeder legs and move freely up and down the leg pipe. I don't think Slinky's are 100% coon proof, but your set up may not be the best for them

Comment

Found this yesterday-

No biggie! Just replace the slinky. I think ol Gunnyart still has plenty of them.

Oh! And grab you a Tmate camera mount and one of his new camera shades.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      No biggie! Just replace the slinky. I think ol Gunnyart still has plenty of them.

Oh! And grab you a Tmate camera mount and one of his new camera shades.
                      I might have to put you the sales staff Ironman.

Comment

Looks like a better solution than pvc pipes.

Comment

Maybe multiple slinky's will effect their gripping capabilities?

Comment

You didnt setup the drowning-tub option.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              You didnt setup the drowning-tub option.
                              Hail ya!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I think the bolt you have poking through the feeder legs restricted the Slinky's effect. It clearly got hung on it and gave the Coon something else to climb on. You can see it's stretched out below the bolt. Mine are attached at the very top of the feeder legs and move freely up and down the leg pipe. I don't think Slinky's are 100% coon proof, but your set up may not be the best for them
                                That's some fine top notch detective work right thar!!

Comment

Working...
                                X