No announcement yet.

Traeger Size/Model for Whole Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen this got brought back up, I don't know the differance to the question above. But I read a few posts back before I relized this is an old post. I have had my traeger for about 7 years now, I think. And switched out my controls to an ortech ( some thing like that would have to look) but it has a dial that you can adjust the smoke output. It's worked great. As I read above, you get a smoke flavor with the pellets, but its not like a chunk wood smoke flavor. I agree, I also don't notice a differance when using Apple, peach, what ever " flavor" pellets. They taste pretty much the same. They are all oak pellets with added flavoring I found out. But a while back I bought a smoke daddy attachment and use it on my traeger along with the pellets themselves. And find it works good, you get the chunk wood taste. But it's not a set it a forget it thing like the grill itself. You have to feed it chips( chunks), baby sit it, but so far I really like it. I tried it without turning the grill on, cold smoke only. But it's hard to get a blue " good" smoke. Then once I turned the grill on and the smoke daddy, it works far better. Just thought I would throw this out there in case some one else was trying to get a more realistic wood smoke taste from there pellet grill. If you look them up, they would be very easy to make oneself. I thought about it but just went ahead and bought one, the " big kahuna " is the size I bought.
    Last edited by critter69; 06-14-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
      I have the Texas edition. Warning, they cook great but leave very little smoke flavor on the meat. I have even tried adding the smoke tubes for extra pellets. I have had all kinds of smokers, even competition pits. Pellet grills don't provide as much smoke flavor as I would like. Like you can't really taste it. I also have a UDS that I use specifically when I need more smoke flavor. Good luck!
      No/low smoke flavor is a non-starter for me for sure. What's the point of smoking meat if it doesn't bring the flavor to the mouth?

Comment

I have the large one that looks like a big gas grill. It will hold more meat than a family can eat.

Comment

Go with Smokin' it smokers

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
            Go with Smokin' it smokers
            http://www.smokin-it.com
            Love mine....and the wife uses it as much as I do. If I want to sit and drink beer while I smoke sometimes I'll use the egg.

Comment

Working...
            X