George West hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George West hunting?

Curious if anyone can tell me much about the deer hunting around the area where hwy 59 and Interstate 37 come together? Can't give many details about the specific place but may have a chance to hunt a ranch close to there some this fall.

From what I know of the area, I'm thinking it should be pretty good?

A buddy of mine had a place between George West and Freer. I went down there one weekend this year. Saw lots of deer but nothing really exciting. Place was covered up in bobcats though. I saw more that weekend than I had in my life.

Comment

Is this a lease? I made the mistake of getting a place down there 1 year. Rarely saw a deer and the landowners family hunts it a bunch. Pm me the landowner if it is.

Comment

I had a buddy just get off of a high fenced place off of Old San Diego road and they had some big deer. Ran into poaching and possible landowner family hunting issues.

Comment

Can be good but can be bad, sounds silly but location in that area can mean a lot. 10 mile one way out of town can be so so but 10 miles the other direction you could see some good deer. What are your expectations? 120's-130's or 150's-160's?

Comment

Had a lease in Dinero one year.......That should tell you all you need to know about my particular lease. There are areas that are really good. If you want to PM me with specific location, I will be happy to tell you what I know. It is VERY site specific in this area. Some GREAT and some TERRIBLE leases in the immediate area.

Comment

^2 posts nailed it

Comment

Thanks guys, I realize I'm asking a really open ended question but a friend is working out the lease, so I don't wanna be too specific on location. It is within a couple miles of 59 and I-37 intersection.

Comment

I do appreciate y'alls replies.

Comment

Sounds like your mind is made up, let us know how it goes. Wishing you luck, dove hunting can be out of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                      Sounds like your mind is made up, let us know how it goes. Wishing you luck, dove hunting can be out of this world.
                      Thanks, I'm definitely gonna go visit it first. Possibly doing a little horse trading for some hunts and was just curious of any info about the general area.

Comment

Greg, I hunted a year down there. Took the road to west at the blinking light in town about 3-4 miles then headed south down a little FM road that eventually turned to kiliche. I killed a decent 9 down there but a lot of poaching in the area. Was a nightmare lease and land owner was crooked. I’ve also hunted up 37 with a fellow TBHer up the 37 way that I did some trading with. We Doe hunted and both years came home with two doe each time!

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X