No announcement yet.

Ragin Blaze Boudin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some pics from the batch that PBFrijoles and I made last weekend. We didn't stuff any into casings because we plan on using it for boudin balls and stuffing other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
      What do you do with the seasoned water? Cook the rice?

I got 2 bags of the mix and then sold him my meat mixer. :-)

the seasoned water is used to add moisture to rice/meat mixture

if you don't add water, the boudin will be dry and taste like rice with meat

you can use maybe 25% of the seasoned water (added to regular water) when cooking the rice to enhance the flavor

Comment

Fried boudin balls.... one of my favorite.

Try using them for breakfast taco's with eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
          That will work... got plenty of little piggies.
          Yep. And cheaper than buying pork roasts.

Comment

One of these days I really want to try the difference between the stewed in veggie flavor and fresh onion vs the commercial boudin mix I have been using that has the heat combined with dried green onions, and "veggie" seasonings all in one packet. The problem is 1) I am lazy and 2) my wife doesn't want me trying to "fix" something she doesn't see as broken

For the meat, I have used both domestic boston butt and wild pork. I haven't noticed a difference between the two. If anything, when I tell people it is feral hog, for some reason I get more praise for how good it tastes. I think it has something to do with the idea that it is somehow more authentic...

Comment

I'd be curious if anybody uses feral hog liver though. For some reason, maybe it is a good one, I stay away from organs from feral hogs. I kow thier meat is fine, but I try to stay away from the other stuff. Because of that, I just get pork liver from the butcher.

Comment

cooled and grinding the meat
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                  Here are some pics from the batch that PBFrijoles and I made last weekend. We didn't stuff any into casings because we plan on using it for boudin balls and stuffing other things.
                  what batter for the Boudin balls? I am fixing to make some of those

Comment

looking good... keep them pictures coming.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                        what batter for the Boudin balls? I am fixing to make some of those

roll boudin balls up the size of medium meatballs , in palm of hand

carefully dip in liquid wash ( 2 beaten eggs, 2 Tblspn water, dash of RB)

then coat with this dry mixture : 3/4 cup all purpose flour , 1/4 cup corn starch

350 degrees fry in Crisco or peanut oil until golden brown

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

then coat with this dry mixture : 3/4 cup all purpose flour , 1/4 cup corn starch

Good deal. mixing now and wondering how much boudin seasoning to use. I followed the instructions.

Comment

Im gonna have to try this out. I'm down to about 10lbs of deer boudain in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

We improvised on Saturday and used panko and after a roll in the egg/milk wash. We did add some Blaze to the panko crumbs.

We used the whole bag of boudin seasoning in the batch we did and it has a nice kick but won't burn your butt later.

Comment

Boudin balls done. they are great
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X