Installing string leeches- question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing string leeches- question

Do you have to put the bow in a press, or can you just use a string splitter to install those things?

Good question. Following

Comment

I do not agree with the practice of separating strands while they have tension on them so I would press it and put them in right. so reason to chance potential damage, they have a considerable load on them.

Comment

I do not use string splitters, too much tension, one little rough spot on the splitter could turn it into a saw. I always press it to do that stuff.

Comment

yep press it for sure. Not a fan of spliters. Or you could tie some cat whiskers on, no press needed for those.

Comment

Use cat whiskers they are cheap and last and last..

Comment

As said above, string splitters are no good and catwhiskers last way longer and work way better.

Comment

Cat whiskers. Cheap, easy, don't rob near as much speed. And the best part. They work better than leeches.

Comment

cat whiskers are the better option to go with if the are put on properly, other wise they can become a pain in the backside, especially when that start to fall off everywhere.

Comment

I wouldn't use those. I tried them before. They didn't last long and when one broke it hit me right in the face.

Comment

What about the monkey tails? Same installation as the whiskers almost but look kinda like the leaches.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                        What about the monkey tails? Same installation as the whiskers almost but look kinda like the leaches.

Work no better than leeches. And not as good as whiskers. But I'd use those before the leeches.

Comment

Working...
                        X