No announcement yet.

NEED HELP Remington 870 Express Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 870 Express, 3" mag. I have shot 3" rifled slugs and 3" 000 buck out of it, worked great. We only shot it out to 40 yards, but we killed the hell out of a dead tree and a cinder block.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-19-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Besides True Glo, Williams also makes sights that clamp onto the rib, both a front bead sight and a windage and elevation adjustable rear sight. They have a plate that clamps on to the vent rib. I've used them before on a Rem I have. Excellent open sights to 75 yards with a smooth bore. Be sure you order the correct rib width. Midway carries a LOT of shotgun sights. You could get Ghost ring sights with a bead if you wanted.

also

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        I have a 870 Express, 3" mag. I have shot 3" rifled slugs and 3" 000 buck out of it, worked great. We only shot it out to 40 yards, but we killed the hell out of a dead tree and a cinder block.
        Lmao!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out this combo peep and picatinny rail for mounting scopes with an integrated peep sight. Peep is also adjustable for windage and elevation.

Comment

Also, you can sometimes find a fully rifled barrel made by Mossburg for the 870. And you can sometimes find a fully rifled barrel at Academy or Cabela's on the shelves.

Comment

Buy a set of these and figure out what your gun shoots best.

Comment

This is my mossberg 930 flannigan with Fiocchi 7/8oz slugs at 50 yards.
                3 shots off of bags.
                Attached Files

Comment

Man, too much support and it's all welcome! Getting a rifled barrel is the best for accuracy/distance, but I'm going the cheap route. I'm buying a rear and front sight as many of you have recommended. Also, I called Remington with my serial number as it was determined that my barrel is smooth and that I need an improved choke and to shoot Remington Rifled Slugs. Remington is selling me the choke direct and I'm buying the slugs retail. The Rep said I'm good at 50 yrds maybe 60 or 70. Thanks to all for your valued input, bless!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    This is my mossberg 930 flannigan with Fiocchi 7/8oz slugs at 50 yards.
                    3 shots off of bags.
                    They appear to be tumbling really bad though lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      They appear to be tumbling really bad though lol
                      Pretty sure that’s the fiber backer. If they were tumbling, there wouldn’t be 3/4 circular hits, and they wouldn’t be hitting within 2” of each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X