No announcement yet.

I'm so confused- data not jiving with targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass is annealed. Cleaned in the ultrasonic cleaner using the Hornady solution.

Comment

Let us know after the Chrono change out. I would like to ask you something else. Is your seating die crimping the bullet? Those Hornady seating dies have a crimp shoulder inside them. Easiest way to check is to put an empty case in the press , back the seating die off then tighten the die back down with the ram up. The die should not touch the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Let us know after the Chrono change out. I would like to ask you something else. Is your seating die crimping the bullet? Those Hornady seating dies have a crimp shoulder inside them. Easiest way to check is to put an empty case in the press , back the seating die off then tighten the die back down with the ram up. The die should not touch the case.
        No I’ve got it backed way out.

Comment

Just got home from the range. Reshot the 43.0 load over the magnetospeed. 2692, 2700, 2702, 2710 and 2703. 2702 average, with an SD of 7! No changes were made in the loading process. I am curious why it reads almost 70 FPS slower, would expect higher.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
            Just got home from the range. Reshot the 43.0 load over the magnetospeed. 2692, 2700, 2702, 2710 and 2703. 2702 average, with an SD of 7! No changes were made in the loading process. I am curious why it reads almost 70 FPS slower, would expect higher.

I found similar results when I switched from an optical chrono to a mag speed, cool thing is I now rarely have to true my velocity much to get my dope to match my down range hits [emoji6]

Comment

Wow, bug difference. Now you’ve got me questioning my ProChrono

Comment

Working...
              X