No announcement yet.

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested, the 2019 Jailbreak Ruck registration is open (Link here).

SwampRabbit and I did it last year. Good course and it benefits an even better cause.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      For anyone interested, the 2019 Jailbreak Ruck registration is open (Link here).

SwampRabbit and I did it last year. Good course and it benefits an even better cause.
      Saw that on FB last week. Definately need to sign up before it fills up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been doing a farmers carry workout for the past month. The workout involves a kettlebell in each hand along with wearing a 45 pound vest.

The goal is completing 3/4 mile trail without putting the weight down. I was able to complete the goal using 16kg bells. You can carry in any combination of suitcase, racked, overhead press, waiter, farmers etc.

This morning I moved up weight to 28 kg. I managed a half mile with putting the bells on the ground and catching my air.

It is a killer. I think it will be several attempts to complete the 3/4 mile trail. And probably several weeks to complete the task without putting the bells on the ground.

It is a very helpful workout to walking in the hills with a weighted ruck.

The workout does not take a whole lot of time. It does however tax your whole system and leaves you really sore.

2-3 times weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          I have been doing a farmers carry workout for the past month. The workout involves a kettlebell in each hand along with wearing a 45 pound vest.

The goal is completing 3/4 mile trail without putting the weight down. I was able to complete the goal using 16kg bells. You can carry in any combination of suitcase, racked, overhead press, waiter, farmers etc.

This morning I moved up weight to 28 kg. I managed a half mile with putting the bells on the ground and catching my air.

It is a killer. I think it will be several attempts to complete the 3/4 mile trail. And probably several weeks to complete the task without putting the bells on the ground.

It is a very helpful workout to walking in the hills with a weighted ruck.

The workout does not take a whole lot of time. It does however tax your whole system and leaves you really sore.

2-3 times weekly.

Did those last year before rucking. Would carry two 15# dumbells. Every 5 minutes, stop and push out 10. Was a hell of a 3 mile, 1 hour workout.

Comment

Nice evening for some trail work.

Comment

This morning.

Comment

Had the wife and the boy out yesterday for a few miles in the heat.

Suckers

Click image for larger version

Name:	14D1A6B9-2FB9-4888-8432-126C12CA9CBE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	24547934

Comment

Two days of 6 mile 35#ers... feeling alright.

Comment

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Took the day off yesterday.
                    Really nice out this AM. Took me a little long cause I stopped to visit with six different dogs and a couple of groups of retirees.
                    Had some nice rough spots on this little group of trails that make up “lollipop”

Last edited by ladrones; 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Took the day off yesterday.
                      Really nice out this AM. Took me a little long cause I stopped to visit with six different dogs and a couple of groups of retirees.
                      Had some nice rough spots on this little group of trails that make up “lollipop”
                      **** shame you've got nothing but crummy countryside to ruck through...

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                        **** shame you've got nothing but crummy countryside to ruck through...

I always cringe a little when y’all post about the thick wall of heat and humidity that your having to walk trough. When I drove the three miles to the trail head the humidity was extremely high at 54% but the temp was 57 degrees.

Comment

I always cringe a little when y’all post about the thick wall of heat and humidity that your having to walk trough. When I drove the three miles to the trail head the humidity was extremely high at 54% but the temp was 57 degrees.

Yep, that sounds like that sucks...

Comment

What do y’all think about this one? I have already been taking little bites at it. I’m not ready for it just yet. I hope to give it a full go in about 3 weeks. It has a good bit of elevation. The trail head is 7 miles from the house. I one day want to be able to do the 11 over and 11 back but that ain’t even in the picture at this time.

Comment

I’d say work up to it and then crush it. Looks like a great track.

Meanwhile, back in the pressure cooker it was a humid, sticky, sweaty and stinky day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0D67A8C5-F01E-4881-A511-8A988B1D2B4A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	24548260

Comment

I put in my 25-26 miles this weekend at the GORUCK Tough and Light in Austin to honor the men killed in the Extortion 17 chopper crash in Afghanistan.

Six years after the Extortion 17 helicopter exploded, here's the inside story of what really happened on the deadliest day in America's war in Afghanistan.

We had a great time, covered a lot of miles with a lot of weight and everybody told the story of one mans life at the stops along the way.

I also developed a close and very personal relationship with a log. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X