Tomahawk Ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomahawk Ribeye

Anyone have any tips on cooking a couple tomahawks?

Tomahawk Ribeye

Wet age in the refrigerator for at least a week. Salt 24 hours prior to cooking, set on a plate on the counter at room temperature and pepper 6 hours before cooking. Set your oven to 220° and put the steak on a wire rack over a pan, with a thermometer in it, cook until 122 internal.. should take an hour and a half or so for a 2 pound Tomahawk. Have some screaming hot coals ready when the steak reaches 122° and sear one minute per side. Let the steak rest for 6 to 8 minutes, then eat.

This is how I did a couple that were about 2 pounds, and 2 1/4 inches thick each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-03-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Same as any other ribeye.

Comment

Wrap the bone in foil to keep it from burning the marrow.

Comment

Use a sous vide and finish over the grill

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
            Never done one, but this my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
              >I dunno what happened
              Last edited by BuckRage; 08-03-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Wet age in the refrigerator for at least a week. Salt 24 hours prior to cooking, set on a plate on the counter at room temperature and pepper 6 hours before cooking. Set your oven to 220° and put the steak on a wire rack over a pan, with a thermometer in it, cook until 122 internal.. should take an hour and a half or so for a 2 pound Tomahawk. Have some screaming hot coals ready when the steak reaches 122° and sear one minute per side. Let the steak rest for 6 to 8 minutes, then eat.

This is how I did a couple that were about 2 pounds, and 2 1/4 inches thick each.

this

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                  Orourke? Yeah he's got a deeply crooked family history and he's wrapped up in some of it. He was partners in his mothers furniture business (very expensive furniture) and it's alleged in money laundering amongst other things. His mother plead guilty in 2010.

Dang, I thought we were talking about steak here. No we’re onto crooked families laundering money.

Dale’s method sounds fantastic. Never done one myself but I would sure like to try. Where can you buy a tomahawked ribeye at by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                    Orourke? Yeah he's got a deeply crooked family history and he's wrapped up in some of it. He was partners in his mothers furniture business (very expensive furniture) and it's alleged in money laundering amongst other things. His mother plead guilty in 2010.

Huh?

Comment

the Matrix had a glitch lol.

Comment

Just cooked a beef tenderloin. sous vide finished of the grill over mesquite coals. Turn out awesome. Going to come in handy during hunting season. Cut the grilling time down to a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Dang, I thought we were talking about steak here. No we’re onto crooked families laundering money.

Dale’s method sounds fantastic. Never done one myself but I would sure like to try. Where can you buy a tomahawked ribeye at by chance?

Every few weeks our Costco rolls out a specialty meat case. It has prime fillets, lobster, sea scallops, crab legs, and 2 pound Tomahawk prime ribeyes.

Comment

I recently learned about reverse Sear and that's the only way I cook my steaks now. After doing the first couple in the oven I tried them in the electric smoker as well and it was even better.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Comment

I really don't see why folks think its special to leave extra rib bone attached.

Comment

Working...
                              X