Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting. Prison time or Miller time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    If your a 47 year old man that can't handle business after being pushed down then stay your azz on the porch.
    Don't go out looking for a confrontation..
    Wow.. Shot him in front of his kids..
    Over a parking violation.. The guy is a idiot..

Not only could he not handle business he went looking for it by confronting a woman. I think he’s a coward honestly.

Comment

Last weekend I was at Kroger and a Mom came riding by on a motorized shopping cart. Right behind her was her son whom appeared to be about 10, and her daughter that appeared about 13; both riding a cart of thier own. After watching no fewer than 2 dozen people just shake thier heads and bite thier tungs, I finally had to confront them. I told them that they should be ashamed for joy riding in the carts that people with real injuries might need. She called her husdand that came riding up on his own cart calling me racist for telling them off. Finally, other customers spoke up and they motored off running thier mouth. I feel I had a right to speak up and even had a few people come shake my hand after. That being said, I wasn't carrying at the time I confronted them. Had I been, I would have been shaking my head with everyone else.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        What if it is you that gets knocked out, wife doesn’t leave/doesn’t leave quick enough and the guy is still angry looking for someone else to attack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        How do you figure? As I mentioned I maybe “that guy” that got knocked the f out as I said..BUT ..direction would have been to split and I will “handle it”. I am probably the most passive guy you will meet but in that situation there is a problem. A..I would have not been parked there. B ..more importantly...if I walked out in that scenario it would have played out the same or similar with his hand raised as the video shows. Regardless I have S to loose so I would not have been a shooter in this scenario either way.
        Last edited by myway; 07-23-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I don’t think you should kill someone for planting you on your rear. Don’t think the shooter’s life was in danger. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            The actual law..says he can, and did.
            You are following the same story this thread is discussing, arent you?
            No he is just blowing it up with his personal thoughts not applying the actual law to the situation. Doesn’t understand that it doesn’t matter what we think of the shooter or what we personally would have done in the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              No he is just blowing it up with his personal thoughts not applying the actual law to the situation. Doesn’t understand that it doesn’t matter what we think of the shooter or what we personally would have done in the same situation.
              Wanna bet he goes to jail?? If I lose I lose but in this case I don't think I will.
              You should never pick a fight and then shoot someone and try claim to self defense when you were the aggressor first.. That should never fly.
              Last edited by PondPopper; 07-24-2018, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Bad bet he aint going to jail for this, will he end up there probably.

Comment

Wanna bet he goes to jail?? If I lose I lose but in this case I don't think I will.
                  You should never pick a fight and then shoot someone and try claim to self defense when you were the aggressor first.. That should never fly.
                  Define aggressor. One made it physical. If you are yelling at someone you are an a-hole. If you assault someone for yelling you are going to jail.

Comment

Sheriffs office investigators already cleared him. I wouldn’t doubt the state attorney brings charges if the media and liberal attorneys pressure them.

Comment

From the looks of it,it didn't start out as an all out yelling match. The lady probably got mouthy when he pointed out she was in a handicapped parking spot. Then she brings her boyfriend into it so he can get a hole in his chest. She instigated the whole thing. It ain't anymore the shooters fault than it is hers.

Like I said before if she would have just backed her *** out of that spot and went somewhere else her boyfriend would still be here.

Comment

Very interesting discussion. My opinion on this is..... I'm 47 and I'm not old!! Stop saying the old man.

I don't like the shot. I'm thinking that if I'm in fear for my life I'll know it and will react accordingly. I will not have to think about it for 2 seconds before I do something about it. Just seems like too much time passed between pulling and shooting, and possibly the guy was backing off to justify pulling the trigger in my mind. I know that doesn't mean squat legally, but if I shoot someone I have to live with it. One way or another, I want to feel justified in my mind.

Just an "old" man's thoughts or incoherent ramblings. Carry on you young Whipper Snappers!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotta get to work so I'll finish page 4 and then page 5 later...

Where is the audio of the first guy yelling at the lady? Was he yelling cause he was mad or like hard of hearing and speaking a little loud? Or was he asking her nicely in a normal tone to move out of the handicapped parking space? Or do you have witness statements that he was yelling?

Only thing I know from the video is she/they were parked/stopped/standing illegally, a guy said something in some tone, another guy came out of the store and shoved first guy down hard, first guy "looked" to have trouble getting up, second guy said something, first guy drew gun, second guy then took a half step back (saying something/anything??) and first guy shot.

Again, any audio or witness statements on what was said??

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            From the looks of it,it didn't start out as an all out yelling match. The lady probably got mouthy when he pointed out she was in a handicapped parking spot. Then she brings her boyfriend into it so he can get a hole in his chest. She instigated the whole thing. It ain't anymore the shooters fault than it is hers.

Like I said before if she would have just backed her *** out of that spot and went somewhere else her boyfriend would still be here.

If you watch the video you will see that a person runs in to tell the clerk that there is a disturbance outside. I don't think she brought her boyfriend into it. So she did nothing more than argue with a guy that thought it was his job to play parking spot police. Arguing...something we all have done in our life. her instigation level is much less than you make it out to be.

"The customer and the girlfriend started yelling at each other after the customer complained to her about parking there, according to deputies.
                            Another customer went inside to tell the manager about a disturbance outside. McGlockton walked outside and shoved the customer to the ground."

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              Was he yelling cause he was mad or like hard of hearing and speaking a little loud?

47 .....hard of hearing is probably gonna be ruled out..

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                                https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna893646

From the sounds of this article. The shooter has been looking for a reason to shoot somebody. And they are still investigating. I don’t think the shooter is in the clear yet.

Wow.....if I am reading that correctly I agree with you. " Parking space officer Barney Fife" was looking for a reason to shoot his lone bullet. He probably checked that space every time he pulled in to give himself some self worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X